Rescues and Comforts

"Brock! Brock, wake up!" Came from Brock's side, his head aching and his mouth dry. A weird feeling considering the way his body floated, he must be in the water still.

"Tyler?" He whispered, moving his head weakly and nearly throwing up at the motion. Which he really did not want to do, considering he seemed to be in a tiny cell underwater and vomit would not just float away.

"What happened? Where are we?" He asked, sitting up slowly and leaning against the wall next to him. "A bunch of orca mermen took us, they seemed to have poisoned you guys. I don't know why they didn't bother with me, probably because they thought they knocked me out when that one threw me into the wall," Tyler answered from a cell neighboring Brock's.

Brock looked around slowly, seeing Jon, Lui, Anthony, Chrissy, John and Marcel still unconcious in their cells. "How- how long have we been-?" He asked worriedly, wondering how long they had before they needed to recharge their abilities.

"It's been a little over a day I think, the sun just started setting. I've been somewhat awake this whole time, just dizzy after that slam into the wall. I overheard them saying they were contacting Brian and the others, telling them to surrender. I- I think Brian's the prince by the way they were talking about him," Tyler said and Brock frowned, struggling to connect that.

"But- why wouldn't he say anything?" He asked and Tyler shrugged. "It makes sense though, his dads overprotectiveness, the way the others listen to him without hesitation. I think Evan, Daithi and Scotty are his guards, Smiity and Kris training. Daithi mentioned something about those two having classes," he said and Brock frowned, looking out the tiny barred window.

"I hope they hurry. If you're right, then we only have two days left," Brock whispered and Tyler nodded, gritting his teeth as he sat down against the other wall. He looked injured, his arm pressed to his chest and a red bump at the base of his skill.

Brock worried his lip between his teeth. He really hoped Tyler was okay, as well as all his other friends. He closed his eyes, tucking into a ball as he thought to himself, Please hurry.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian reached down, his heart racing. "Where are they? It hasn't been 4 hours," Evan asked worriedly, looking over and gasping at Brian.

Brian picked up the braid he'd given Brock, his fingers tightening around them. He knew he'd felt something earlier, that tug. But he'd been in the middle of a fight with two other mermen and couldn't answer.

"They took them," Daithi whispered horrified and Brian clenched his jaw, tucking the braid into the jacket he wore. "We have to find them. Smit, can you sense them?" He asked and Smiity closed his eyes, frowning slightly pained.

"No, I can't. It's been too long. But let me see the braid," he said and Brian handed it over, the younger closing his eyes as soon as he had his fingers around it.

He winced, blinking his eyes open. "The Orcal warriors took them, Tyler might be hurt and the others were poisoned with henbane. That was about 3 hours ago," he said finally, Kris taking his arm as he handed the braid back.

Daithi and Brian exchanged worried looks, Evan looking furious. "We need to return home and see what we can do. We can't go directly into the kingdom without it being a full out war. This is technically no man's land, which is why they attacked here. Someone must have reported to them that we brought the humans down here," Brian said and Evan frowned.

"Who? The only other merpeople we saw were my sister, Hendry and Andrew," he asked and Brian frowned, thinking hard.

"I don't know. Unless someone saw us from a distance or one of their guard animals reported back. But either way, they knew about the humans. Come on, let's get back," he said finally and they all nodded, following him out the cave.