CHAPTER - 4

___

___

Jia emerged from her room, dressed in a white t-shirt adorned with a subtle graphic design, paired effortlessly with a pair of well-worn jeans. Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail, and a crossbody bag hung casually over her shoulder, completing her relaxed yet stylish ensemble.

Entering the kitchen, the aroma of breakfast filled the air as her family members hustled through their morning routines.

"Morning, everyone!" Jia greeted with a smile.

Her mother, busy at the stove, glanced over. "Morning, Jia! Excited for the Christmas celebration?"

"Definitely, Mom! I've got to grab the costumes for the drama. Playing Mary, you know," Jia replied, grabbing a quick bite of toast.

Her father, engrossed in his newspaper, looked up. "Ah, Mary! You'll be amazing. And Jaemin's band is performing, right?"

Jia nodded, her family loved Jaemin more than her. He is basically their son. "Yes, Dad! Dream Harmonics is on stage today. Jaemin's been tuning that bass like there's no tomorrow."

As if on cue, Jaemin walked in with his bass guitar slung over his shoulder, grinning. "Morning, second family!"

Jia's father greeted him warmly, "Jaemin, my man! Ready to rock the campus?"

Jaemin chuckled, "Absolutely, Uncle. It's going to be epic." He walked over to the table to grab the toast.

Jina, Jia's elder sister, joined the conversation. "I really wish I could see you guys perform. By the way, did you finally beat Dad at chess?"

Jaemin winked, "Not yet, but I'm getting there." He stuffed his face with food.

With a quick breakfast, Jia and Jaemin headed towards the door, ready for the day's festivities.

"Let's go, Jaemin. We've got costumes to grab and a stage to conquer," Jia said.

Jaemin grinned, "Lead the way, Mary." Jia chuckled at his comment.

___

In the dimly lit band room adorned with music posters and instruments scattered about, Mark and the band members gathered to fine-tune their set for the upcoming Christmas celebration. The air was thick with excitement, the anticipation of their performance palpable.

As Mark strummed his guitar, Jaemin's absence was conspicuous. Just as concern began to flicker across Mark's face, the door swung open, and Jaemin entered, a mischievous grin on his face, bass guitar in tow. "Sorry for being fashionably late, everyone. I was helping Jia pick up her costumes for the drama."

Renjun chuckled, "No worries, Jaemin. Always the gentleman. We were just talking about today's performance."

Jaemin took a seat, shooting Mark a subtle glance that only the guitarist noticed. It triggered a memory, the collaborative idea Jaemin had brought up with Jia.