Chapter 3: Serena

All pretty boys are not good, some sold their souls to devils.

...........................................................................................................

Ever wonder why beautiful people have arrogance as their second trait? Now I can see that. I put on a customer-friendly smile

"Well, yes it's a bookshop and I am its owner and you are a vamp. obviously." Which I can tell with certainty because he is breathtakingly handsome.

His eyes, like a pool of mystery, came to recognize my hostility towards him and he delicately returned the book to its shelf.

Without breaking eye contact "yes, and that's a problem. I thought this town accepted me because it's mostly human inhabitants and I didn't expect a witch to be here. So my bad."

He said with a distasteful full voice as if he were chewing some rancid food out from the gutter.

"It's not like that, nobody hates anybody here. It's just I don't expect a vampire in town. Serena Ripper, and sorry it's just we had a history of not liking vampires. Not like prejudice those things. I hope you understand." I said unable to look away from his eyes as if my eyes locked to his gaze, an unspoken tension simmering surrounding us.

Adjusting my dark, flowing dress, which seemed to resonate dark weather outside, I move toward the counter "So what book does your friend like? Romance? Horror? Thriller?"

"Jake, my name, and I am new to this town as an officer and yes I think she would like romance" he replied, his eyes holding mine as if he wanted to ask something more.

Hmm, well, I think she might like Colleen Hoover's book. 'Verity' would be good for her; it has a bit of mystery and thriller, though," I suggested, retrieving the book and wrapping it with deliberate precision.

As I handed it to him, our fingers brushed, creating an electric connection that resonated through my entire body. A strange sensation lingered, and I shook my head, attributing it to fatigue.

The atmosphere shifted between us, a subtle uncertainty and curiosity. "Well, I hope we won't indulge in who we are and enjoy our life here," he remarked, his words lingering around a silent bookshop.

The tension thickened, wrapping around us like an invisible thread, woven with unspoken words that hung around like a forbidden spell.

As he left the shop, the doorbell chimed softly, but the lingering tension remained. 

.....................................................................................................................................

hello guys. how are you today? 

if you like my story then tell and if you think something is not right with the plot or anything thing let me know. I appreciate criticism. 

I am trying to upload as much as I can this month. so stay tuned. 

if you want to contact me 

Instagram - @bookriot_edah

goodbye.