12. garlic pasta... with chicken

Lucy's pov:

Lizzie fell asleep on the couch.
I couldn't blame her.
It was really comfortable.

She felt so safe. I guess I am making her dinner today, what a nice switch, I may be able to trick her into thinking, I ate already.

I wonder if she has chicken, it used to be one of my favourite foods, maybe I can eat a little bit.

She probably won't be angry, right? I opened her fridge and found just what I needed, chicken breasts, they seemed to be a day past expiration day.

Maybe she just forgot to use them, even though they were supposed to be in the freezer.

I looked in her cupboards but couldn't find any seasonings.
I quickly were able to find her pantry and found the golden pot. Lots and lots of seasoning.

I quickly picked out three seasonings and went into the kitchen again.
I ended up looking through all her cupboards and drawers and found all the ingredients for a garlic pasta with chicken.

I put on some low music as I started cooking everything, starting with cooking the pasta. It has to be pre cooked to get the perfect pasta in the finished result. I also seasoned the chicken and put it in the oven to cook.

I hummed along to the music, careful not to wake Lizzie.
She deserved a nap, she had me the last couple days, that's hard apparently.

Just ask my dad.

I just hope she doesn't start locking me in rooms too.
The timer went off and I took out the chicken and took the pasta off of the stove. Someone turned off the timer and I looked back and saw Lizzie with a smile.

"It smells amazing darling, let me help you finish it off" she started preparing the sauce, just guessing what I was making.

I cut up the chicken and Lizzie poured in the sauce, I mixed in the pasta and put it in the oven.

"Alright in about 10 minutes it should be done" Lizzie said and kissed my head in a hug. Oh my god I'm getting attached. Please stop it Lucy, you need to get away before it's too late.

"How's your bruises?" She gently asked me. I don't talk about them that's my number one rule.

"They're fine" I mumbled and started cleaning the dirty pot and cutting board.

"How long have you driven motorcross you seemed so good?" Lizzie we all know you hate small talk. Why do you keep talking to me.

"I started when I was three" I softly said.
Elizabeth smiled, just smiled, no words, why is that comforting.

No no, stop being comforting please. The clock rang.
It made it feel like my ears were hurting.

she helped me finish up the food, now i for sure have to eat, don't i? she grabbed the plates and the utensils.
I grabbed cups and placed them in front of the two plates.
she grabbed the hot dish and placed it on top of a trivet she had put down.

"mmm, it smells amazing honey" Elizabeth said with a soft tone, she poured food onto both plates and placed one in front of me.

I sat down, gently smelling the food in front of me.
Lizzie tried to hide her glances at me. She kept eating as i
gently dug into the food, taking a forkful of food.
A sly smirk appeared on her face.

we were both trying to
hide the fact that we were
looking at each other, it was
like an intense weird staring contest.

i noticed that she was wearing the necklace i gave her.
It was silver and spelled her name.

"oh yeah, thank you for the necklace. i really love it"

I looked into
her green eyes, meeting her warm gaze.

"you're welcome" I spoke softly.
A little sile appeared
on my face and some heat
rushed to my cheeks painting
them a rosy pink.

She poured food on her plate once again.
It couldn't be that bad if i ate right?
I caught lizzie's eyes.

"come on eat sweetheart"

I blinked, my mind unfogging itself.
I just softly nodded and ate a bit more.

Lizzie smiled brightly as she finished off her second plate.
I had eaten two forks she had eaten two plates.

"lizza do i have to eat more?" I asked awkwardly.
She looked at my plate and sighed.

"2 more bites of it? deal?"

I sighed loudly and nodded.
I wanted to vomit, I wanted everything out of my body, but Lizzie, she's so sweet I don't want to disappoint her.

I carefully took two bites, or well forks, and looked at Elizabeth, who had a huge grin.

"Good job sweetheart! I'm so proud of you" I smile softly and look down, there is no use asking if i could use the bathroom, she knows the trick.

I would be stupid to even try, it would be stupid, cause I'm a stupid little girl.

And she's Elizabeth, Elizabeth freaking Olsen.