05. Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Chapter Five, Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Joe gave Inari four days on her own in Miami before he came and got her. He knew she needed space so he gave it to her but once he heard she was house hunting in Miami from Jon, who found out from Trinity.

He hopped on a private jet to bring his wife home.

He wasn't leaving Miami without his wife.

"Pack your bags," Joe said as soon as Inari opened the front door of her rental home and found Joe standing there.

Joe entered the house, not giving Inari a moment to process what was happening. Inari closed the door and followed Joe up the stairs with a small smirk on her face.

"Sir, I'm not going anywhere," Inari said.

"Ma'am, I'm not playing with you," Joe said, looking for Inari's room. "Which one is yours?" Joe asked her.

Inari shrugged. "I don't know," Inari answered.

They stood in the hallway going back and forth, arguing about their relationship until Inari gave in and entered her room. There were a lot of truths spoken, mostly out of Inari's mouth, but Joe and Inari agreed to disagree and move on.

"How did you find this place?" Inari asked Joe as she pulled out her suitcases to start packing.

"I checked your credit card statement plus Trinity told Jon, and Jon told me," Joe answered as he sat on the bed, watching Inari pack.

Inari rolled her eyes. "Of course," Inari said.

Joe sighed. "I'm sorry," Joe said.

"Are you sorry because you think you are going to lose me, or are you sorry because you see that you're wrong as hell for how you've been treating me?" Inari asked Joe as she stopped packing and looked at him.

"Both. I'm sorry for everything. It's going to take time for me to work out my issues and change my mindset but I don't want to lose you, Inari, ever, especially not over this," Joe answered.

Inari sighed. "Our families are notorious for sweeping their problems under the rug. And I don't want that for us, Joe, so when I try to have a conversation with you. It's not to fight you but to work out our problems and differences together and move on," Inari said.

"You know I struggle to process my emotions so sometimes when you want to have those deep conversations, I shut down," Joe said.

"And that's why when we get back home, we're going to counseling because you can't keep doing that. If we want this marriage to work then we both need to be emotionally available and understanding to each other," Inari told Joe.

Joe shakes his head. "I'm not telling my business to a stranger," Joe said.

Inari glared at him. "But you will have to tell a stranger your business if we get a divorce, Joe," Inari said.

Joe was shocked. "A divorce? For what?" Joe asked Inari.

Inari kissed her teeth. "If we can't work out our problems then there is no reason for us to be together," Inari answered.

Joe thought about it and he didn't want to lose his wife so if she wanted to do counseling with a stranger being in their business then so be it.

"So, when does counseling start?" Joe asked Inari.

"Well, Trinity recommended me to her and Jon's counselor so once we get back, I'll get in contact with them and set an appointment," Inari answered.

"Okay," Joe said.