Sprinkle This

Anaya POV:

Healing was a miserably long process over a few weeks of isolation in the hospital. The room I was moved to for healing was large and perfectly lit with a city view that was very expensive. The nurses, on the first day, had been rather abrupt with me and just left me alone in the room, but then, like a light switch went off, they became obsessed with me.

They wanted pictures with me, checked on me nonstop, and brought me more food than I could ever hope to finish. I had no idea why they suddenly changed, but it was nice to have them to talk to since James wasn't visiting me at all. At first, I was angry that he had been with Sarah, but once my anger calmed down, I just missed him. I was in a foreign country in a hospital for the first time and he was acting like I didn't exist.

By the end of the two weeks, I felt mostly myself. My gash had healed nicely, and I wanted out desperately.

"Surely you can just call James and ask him again to come pick me up, right?" I begged Lucy, who looked at me with pity after taking my vitals.

"He has insisted you can't be released until you are fully healed. He does not want any scarring. Whatever he says, goes." She told me firmly for what felt like the millionth time.

"I am FINE. What medical reason do you have to hold me now? I am healed, see?" I said, lifting my shirt to show her the mostly healed wound that had left a large scar across my slightly tanned skin.

"I have an order that you are not to leave until James gives his approval. Do you want any more Diet Coke, maybe?" She asked sweetly. I hummed and sat back, annoyed and in a sour mood as I had been much of my stay. How he could convince an entire hospital to keep me captive was insane.

The boring day was broken up by Amanda, his ex, and Esme visiting. I thought they hated each other, but apparently, they still hung out quite often together. They just didn't invite me since I disliked Amanda. Though, to be fair, I hated her dog more than I hated her.

"This room is amazing! When I had to get my appendix removed, I was roomed with some other old lady." Esme said, opening the curtains and looking at the street.

"He's keeping me captive here. They won't release me. How did you know I was here anyway?" I complained. Amanda scoffed at this, sitting next to me and putting her sheet blond hair behind her ear.

"They won't go against his orders now that he's bought the place. And the crash was all over the news! The outside of the hospital is flooded with your fans." She said. My jaw dropped.

"But...why would he do that?"I asked, horrified at how much money that had to have caused him and not able to comprehend how I would have fans as an absolute nobody.

"He told me the care they gave you when you first came in was subpar, so he bought the place and fired everyone who wasn't up to his standards," Esme said casually, as if this wasn't an insane thing to do.

"Why?" I asked dumbly, processing the fact that he had enough money to buy a hospital on a whim. I had no idea what kind of buying power a billion dollars was as the most money I had ever handled was just hundreds.

"I guess he likes you, though generally, he does stuff like this when he feels guilty about something." Amanda offered as she went through her designer purse to pull out makeup. I thought she was going to do her own makeup, but she started doing mine instead. I didn't really wear any, so I took some mental notes to remind myself how to do it for later.

"He was kissing Susan," I admitted.

"You're kidding?" Amanda asked with a sarcastic laugh, putting on my eyeliner.