𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄 ┆❥┆ 𝟎.𝟓

Hiiii! This is my first fanfic (if we ignore the one I made in 7th grade 5 years ago WHICH WE WILL) so ignore if it's kinda dry and weird but I've been wanting to start writing again so what's a better way then to start this? I love Veneer and I'm in love with him but this will be like a slow burn, angsty, forbidden love kinda thing. Will you and Veneer get together at some time? Maybe who knows (I do but you won't until we get there 😼)

Ps: there will be some nsfw (maybe if y'all want it) and everyone is over 21. Also I'm going to try to make these more then 2,000 words to challenge myself so enjoy!! (This will be short of course but gimmie ideas please)

┆❥┆

hiraeth;
(noun.)
a homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past.

┆❥┆

The clicking of wheels rolling on the shiny marble ground surrounds your ears as you walk down the never ending hallways. Your head looking left to right at everyone walking the same direction as you, only a few walking the opposite.

You had just arrived at your old home town, Mount Rageous. It's been 5 years since you left and you could feel the rush of memories come back. It warms you as a smile creeps onto your face until you spot something weird.

A white sign covered in pink and green glitter catches your eyes as it reads, "Welcome Home [Name]!" in big sparkling letters. The name stood out more than anything as it was almost too big to fit, which probably explains the second small piece of paper next to it with the rest of your name written out.

You couldn't help but laugh because it looked like a toddler made it but you pause in your tracks. "Why does it have my name on it?..." You mumble quietly. You knew your parents weren't that creative or weird to create something like this. Maybe it was someone else with the same name?

As you were rereading it before looking down to see what was attached to such a bright and colorful sign, you gasped loudly wanting to die right then and there. Attached to that sign is your old best friend, Velvet. The biggest pop star known to Mount Rageous, accompanied by her twin brother Veneer, and a few bodyguards.

You and Velvet had known each other ever since you were little kids. Nothing stood against the both of you as it was [Name] and Velvet against the world. Going through so much together, it was hard for you to leave her and everything you knew behind to start somewhere new. Especially Veneer.

Throughout high school, you both had fallen in love with each other but you never pursued him in honor of your friendship with Velvet. Specially in respect of when Velvet had made a rule when you both were 5 that under no circumstances can you fall in love with Veneer because that would risk your friendship and you didn't want that.

Neither did Veneer but it wasn't long until you got captivated. Lost in a trance of loving the only person you couldn't have. Not being able to show your affection for her brother hurt. It was something no one knew about but Veneer's best friend Oliver. Oliver understood you both unlike anyone else and kept your secrets hidden but he didn't dare to tell you or Veneer of the secret love between you two. So you both were left running around like clowns while Oliver watched and knew everything.

As you stand there shocked to see them, you remember sneaking into his room whenever you stayed over and Velvet was dead asleep, staying up all night with her brother. Talking and playing video games. But, one night it was different and Veneer could tell something was off when you went into his room and refused to play anything or even talk. All you wanted was to take in his company once more before you left.