01: Move

Note: Italicized words is (Y/N)'s dialogue <3
-
Mother woke me up with the use of tapping my shoulder and signing me to wake up because the sun's already rising. Wake up, it's already morning she said. I only responded with a nod and stretched, before getting up, I watched her figure leave the room giving me more comfortability to wash up.

I contemplated whether to use my hearing aids or not. After the incident years back in elementary, I quite hated wearing it now. I'm in my safe space, so I decided NOT to wear it. I headed downstairs after, the smell of delicious breakfast coming from the kitchen made me head over there in the process.

The sight of my dad flirting and teasing my mom playfully came into view. My mother ended up scolding him with her cheeks flushed red, telling him that if the food burns she won't be cooking him, my father laughed at this and told her that he was joking.

My heart felt warm that dad dearly loved her. He was the only one who can hear and he used that to connect this family together, to protect his wife. Despite that, both of them were fairly strict, making sure my education is given and I never slack off on chores.

What are you standing there for? Come on over and have breakfast. I saw my dad sign, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled and went over to them If you're going to flirt at least make sure I am not around. I joked, preparing the table while dad placed a serving of rice and the other dishes.

-

We ate breakfast after, my mom tapped the table in front of me to get my attention so I looked at her. What are you going to do for college? Have you decided on what to do? She asked me. I swallowed my food before answering. I want to go back to socializing, I decided to go to Teyvat University and take a production course. I pause before answering I want to work as well and stay at an apartment, work for my money, work for the rent in the apartment. So on, I realize I can't be babied. Most especially from dad. My answer seems to satisfy my father but worried my mother.

It's alright. In fact, I am quite happy that you chose that. But why production? Mother asked. I want to take over dad's company soon, Even though I can't hear music because of my disability, my hearing aids can assist me. This immediately convinced my father, agreeing to my request.

My father... was quite easy to please, I think. From my observation he usually agreed to the things me and mom asks as long as it doesn't lead to us dying. My mom ends up scolding him for this. Though according to some of dad's kind coworkers was that dad is one of the most scariest man they have ever met.

At this point I just assume his attitude changed when it comes to work and his family.

Do you want to work as a housekeeper? It's for an idol group that is quite popular in your age. The usual producing work at the other branch of the company is currently full but the work at one of the dorms is open. If that's fine. You still get paid. Dad said as we look for apartments while mom enrolls me in the university online.

For starters, dad owns a company for both young idols and streamers. He has been able to expand and have branches across Teyvat. Does that stop him from spoiling me? Not really, mom never fails to teach him a lesson by reminding him that I cannot be spoiled. That huge sum of money he ends up getting each day didn't corrupt him.

That's alright as long as I can work. I told him with a smile. Mom walked over to us and sat beside me. Are you sure it's fine? I mean you might get hurt worse. She worries, I shook my head and smiled, signing back to her that I will be alright and that I can take care of myself thanks to her and dad. Dad did the same thing, reassuring mom that when something bad happens he will immediately force me to go back here.