Chapter 76: Drunk With One Cup

Qingfeng had killed them all in the blink of an eye. Li Niang was terrified and looked at Qingfeng even more cautiously.

They rode to a large ginkgo tree. Qingfeng followed Bai Wutong's instructions and dug out the wooden box under the ginkgo tree.

After digging it out, Qingfeng quickly handed each of them a set of clothes.

Fortunately, Bai Wutong had the foresight to prepare in case Qingfeng brought back more than one person, so she had prepared a few sets of clean clothes.

After changing their clothes, Qingfeng made them spray disinfectant all over their bodies. Then, she poured the medicine into a small pot and let Lin Yue pick some firewood to boil the medicine.

When Lin Yue returned after picking the firewood, he saw Gu Zhongxun standing extremely close to Qingfeng. Gu Zhongxun's dejected expression was swept away as he took Qingfeng's pulse energetically.

Lin Yue suddenly threw the firewood in front of them and said angrily, "I came back from picking the firewood!"

Qingfeng glanced at him and then at Gu Zhongxun, who was frowning. "How is it?"

Gu Zhongxun shook his head and was about to speak when Lin Yue pulled Gu Zhongxun to the side and lectured him sternly, "The plague is contagious if you're too close. As a doctor, don't you know?"

Gu Zhongxun said gently and guiltily, "Brother Lin is right. I've learned a lot."

Lin Yue felt as if he had punched cotton. He suddenly became discouraged. He glanced at Qingfeng, who was frowning, and said irritably, "It's good that you know. Don't cause trouble for others in the future!"

Qingfeng said to Lin Yue matter-of-factly, "Go boil some medicine."

What boil medicine? She was clearly trying to send him away.

Lin Yue insisted on setting the fire in front of them.

As he burned the fire, he heard Gu Zhongxun say worriedly to Qingfeng, "Miss, if you can't concoct the antidote in time, I'm afraid you won't have much time left."

"Not much time left?"

Lin Yue did not have time to think about how Gu Zhongxun could tell that Qingfeng was a woman. He was stunned and looked at Qingfeng in a daze.

As if he was not talking about herself, Qingfeng asked with an unchanging expression, "Is there a way to concoct an antidote?" Wen Renhua had formulated the Immortal Spiritual Pill for the emperor back then. She did not know how much his disciple had learned from him.

Gu Zhongxun shook his head. "I've seen such medical cases in my master's records, but I'm not confident that I can concoct an effective medicine. Moreover, there are no herbs for me to use now."

Seeing Gu Zhongxun shake his head, Qingfeng's expression darkened. Hearing that he might be able to concoct a prescription, Lin Yue asked before Qingfeng could, "If there are herbs, are you able to study the prescription first?"

He suddenly spoke, startling Gu Zhongxun, who nodded. "It can be concocted, but it might not be effective."

It was better to have a little hope than no hope. Qingfeng's relaxed gaze collided with Lin Yue's happy gaze. Lin Yue shrank back as if he had been electrocuted and hurriedly said to Gu Zhongxun, "There will definitely be herbs for you to study the prescription. You can think about what herbs you need now and make a list!"

Gu Zhongxun was stunned. "Uh, okay." Other than the plague prescription, he had wanted to study this medical case for a long time.

...