01.02: rendezvous

<< Elise's POV >>

<< Elise's POV >>

I'm in a hospital, not because of me who got injured, but to this guy I don't know became unconscious in the middle of a heavy rain. I just put out my jacket for a while.

It's just crazy.

When I see a doctor, I quickly asked him if he's okay. He said he's fine, and he needs some rest. I also asked what happened to him. Doctor says that he probably didn't eat for some days.

What I'm thinking now is...what is he doing there for some days? Is he waiting for someone?

Then an old lady goes to the doctor and give thanks to him.

"Tita, please take care of Kuya, okay? He's not okay this time. I always see him like this and I have no time to take care of him. I'm always busy in here."

Huh? Tita? Is the doctor that guy's cousin?

[A/N: Tita = (Filipino) auntie
Kuya = (Filipino) elder brother, can address to other male cousins who is older than the speaker, also can address to male strangers.]

Then the doctor looks to me, "ah, tita, siya nga pala yung nagdala sa kanya dito. Pasalamat nalang ako sa kanya na naidala niya siya agad, kung hindi, mamamatay siya sa gutom. (ah, tita, she's the one who brought him here. I'm thankful she brought him here on time, unless he'll die because of hunger.)"

The old lady goes to me and hold my hand, "thank you, sweetie. I don't know what will happen if you don't see him." I just nod. The doctor said to us he's going to work, so we give thanks to him.

While we're sitting to the waiting seat, "my poor baby, Jake. He doesn't deserve this," she whispers.

"Pwede ko po bang matanong kung bakit? (May I ask why?)" Out of curiosity, I don't know why I asked that.

I don't expect she answers, "he can't get over the break up with his girlfriend, months ago. I told him he'll find another but I think he really loved her dearly. I was one of the people who witnessed how it really broke his heart.

"His ex-girlfriend, Katherine, is his childhood friend, and they're inseparable. Jake confessed his love to her when they're in high school. My family and her family recognized their relationship. Until he saw Kath with other guy.

"He asked who he is, she said he was just her cousin, but I don't realize that time how her time with him wasn't that of before.

"One day, he was just inside his room in some days. I try to tell him to go outside to eat but he didn't go out. When I go inside and check him out, I noticed his pillow was wet. He cried too hard."

"Pasensya na po kung naitanong ko pa sa inyo yun. (I'm sorry if I asked you about that.)"

"No, it's fine. I still hope he'll see the one who loves him."

With my jacket, I stand up from the waiting seat since he has now his mom then, "that playground...is their meeting place."

"Ma'am?" I just look at her, confused.

"They always play in that playground when they were young. That playground is the witness of their friendship, their love for each other. I just don't realise that same playground also witnessed his grief." She tells me in sad tone.

"I'm sorry," I just lowered my head.

"No, it'll be fine, I know," she just smiles, but I know it's just fake. "May I know what your name, dear?"

"Elise," I answer, "Ma'am, uuwi na po ako. (Ma'am, I'll go home.)"

"Call me Mrs. Julia. Thank you, Elise. And be safe, dear."

==========

-- Jandy
(@jelsamarens.sco / @rf.thoughts.sco) :) (020824)

PS. I know the song I inserted there isn't from their album "Я люблю тебя" (I also like to call it "RF1" bc it's their first album), but I think that R&F song suits this chapter. *awkward smile*