01.04: "return"

*next day*

*next day*

"Thank you for ordering in our café! Enjoy your drink!"

As I give the order to one of the customers in the line, I notice Anastasia and Lara, whispering of something.

"Guys, anong meron? (Guys, what's the thing?)" I curiously ask.

They answer me by pointing to the door. It's Jake, entering the shop.

"Elise, hinahanap ka niya. One time pumunta yan dito, wala ka eh. (Elise, he's looking for you. One time he came here, but you're not here.)" Ana tells.

"Naka day off ka kasi. (Because you were on your day off,)" Lara adds.

"Bakit daw? (Why?)" I ask. But they shrugged.

"Pero, Elise, ang gwapo niya... Gosh... (But, Elise, he's handsome... Gosh...)" -- Ana, squealing silently.

"Hope wala pa siya girlfriend. (Hope he doesn't have girlfriend.)" -- Lara.

These two...

When he goes to the counter area, where we are in, Ana and Lara go out of the counter. "Hoy- (Hey-)" I try to stop them.

"Sorry, naalala ko may gagawin pala kami ni Lara. (Sorry, I remember Lara and I have to do something.)" -- Ana, dragging Lara to the storage room.

"Ikaw muna dyan, ah? (You'll be there for a while, huh?)" -- Lara, waving her hand.

Ugh. I have no choice...

I just face the customer, I mean Jake, on the counter. "Hello, sir!"

"Hi." He just smiles and waves his hand to me...

"May I take your order-?"

"I already reserved one." He just answered me. Oh. Sometimes we take from some orders online. It's customer's choice if they want to pick them up here or for delivery. We just need name of the customer. To formalize things, I asked him his full name so that I can proceed.

I noticed his surname belongs to one of the prestigious family in this town. And he ordered two frappuccinos.

I told him how much he'll pay and then prepare his order, "your order is on the way."

After some minutes, I brought them to him, "thank you for ordering in our café! Enjoy your drink!"

When he gets the order, he smiles to me then goes to a table near the entrance and drinks one of them.

I wonder, why did he order two instead of just one? I just shrugged it anyway and go back to work.

*time skips*

After some minutes, I now on my break but... I still see Jake in the same table... Who's he waiting? Maybe he's just waiting for someone again. So I go outside the store to buy some snack but someone calls me. "Elise!"

Confused, I look around to know who it is. But it's just Jake, who is from store, walking through me. "S-sir?"

"Hinihintay kita. (I'm waiting for you.)" He pouts, then lifts the other cup of frappuccino he ordered awhile ago. "Kita mo? Tunaw na yung yelo... (See? The ice is already melted...)"

"..."

I'm now confused about what's happening to him... I mean, people didn't do anything or such to someone who helped them, especially if you're just some stranger for them. Mostly they ignore of them after time.

"Here." He gets my left hand and places the handle of plastic of his ordered frappuccino to it. I'm holding my wallet with my right hand, anyways. "I ordered it for you. I didn't add anything there. I swear to God."

"Bakit mo ginagawa ito? (Why are you doing this?)" I mumble to myself.

"You noticed me in my darkest days. Take that as my thanks to you." He answers like he heard what I said.

I just raise the cup he just gave slightly, "simpleng salamat lang sa'kin, ayos lang. (Just a simple thank you is fine to me.)" I want to return it to him but he stops me.

"No, it's my treat." He then smiles, "may we have some chat since you're on your break? I want to know more about you."

"Oh..." I have a second thought of what he said. I just feel something hot on my face as he said that too. What is this?! "Since may oras pa naman ako, pwede... (Since I have some time, maybe...)"

"I'm so glad!" I chuckle as he happily says it. As we walk to the store, he talks non-stop about some things like how his mom thought about me too, she often wonders what I was doing, and she always wants to thank anyone who did her and his son good things.

It's good to see that side of him.

*time skips*

I'm now in my home, with Misty in my lap. I'm just scrolling through Facebook then someone messaged me through WhatsApp.

"Hi Elise." The chat says.

I wonder who chats me this time. So I check who that is...

Oh. That's Jake. How did he find out my-

"I asked your friends in the coffee shop if you have number here so that we can chat here too." He continues, "I think I am now stalking you..."

Ugh. They must be Ana and Lara...

I reply to him. "Hahaha hindi, ayos lang. Atleast may makakausap ka. (Hahaha no, that's fine. Atleast you have someone to talk with.)"

==========

-- Jandy
(@jelsamarens.sco / @rf.thoughts.sco) :) (031724)

PS.: the audio I inserted here is just also random. Dunno what R&F song I should insert here. Hehe.