04.

A/N: Me: *telling my dad that I have no interest in Taylor and Travis' relationship.*
Also me: *writes this chapter.*

~T~

09.24.23

"Tay!" Travis exclaimed, walking out of the changing room after the football game had ended. Brittany and I had gone to wait in the back room along with other family and friends of other players that I had yet to meet, and the guys were finally starting to emerge from their man-cave to celebrate their win.

He picked me up and spun me around in a circle, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "I missed you, babe."

"Missed me?" I asked, cracking a grin. "I was watching your game the entire time you were playing."

"It's not the same," Travis said, shaking his head slightly. "I'd much rather have been next to you."

I couldn't help the red tinge that appeared on my cheeks as he spoke. I had to admit, that even as corny as he could be sometimes, it was still adorable.

"Did you have fun?" Travis asked. "I know it's no three hour show full of glitter and sparkles, but..."

"Of course I had fun," I replied. "I love watching you play."

Brittany and Patrick seemed to overhear our conversation, the two of them exchanging a laugh. "Half the time, she was scared to death that you were going to get hurt, Trav," Brittany stated. "I don't know what kind of girl you picked up where that's her definition of fun..."

Travis laughed. "I'm not gonna get hurt, Tay," he said. "Me and the guys know what we're doing when we're on that field. No one is out there to hurt anyone, unless they're one of those Windy City assholes."

"Well, I don't need any Windy City assholes trying to hurt my Kansas City guy," I replied, placing my hand on his chest.

"They won't," Travis rubbed my back. "Thank you for coming. I... I know it's not your usual paparazzi sighting and all, but it means a lot that you were there." He paused for a beat. "Even if you were much too far away for my liking."

I giggled. "Did they not put my face up on the Jumbotron enough for your liking?"

"Absolutely not," Travis returned, kissing my cheek. "I'm sure that if they did it already, the Dads, Brads, and Chads would've stormed the stadium office in rage."

I laughed at the nickname that we had made up for the unruly men that went to football games to drink beer and get riled up at whatever was happening on the field. It had taken weeks for Travis to reassure me that none of them would show up on the doorstep to my house, trying to annihilate me, if I came to one of his games. So far, the coast seemed to be clear, and I only hoped that it would stay that way.

"You ready to go?" Travis asked. "We've got an after-party next in the schedule to celebrate our glorious victory." He paused. "Of course, if you're too tired to go, I can take you home first. I just thought..."

I smiled, shaking my head. "Babe, I would love to go with you to your after-party," I said. "Gotta do the whole NFL girlfriend thing in the right way, you know? Go big or go home."

A wide smile broke out across Travis' face, but I could tell he was trying to downplay his excitement to keep it cool. I figured it was because of the number of his teammates that were still hanging around and talking with friends and family, but I knew that as soon as we were alone, he'd be an open book, like the Travis that I fell in love with at the end of the summer.