Little Things | Lilies

       The first time Cobra had met Hiyori was in summer when they were in middle school.

It was hot that time and he remembered how sweat dripped on his bruised face after fighting some high school kids in their neighborhood.

He remembered how the girl came to punch the other high school kid who was about to hit Noboru. 

That was when he realized that Hiyori was an interesting girl. 

She was awesome in his eyes. 

It was love at first sight.

However, it quickly changed when he found out their beliefs are not similar and they constantly argued. 

Somehow, they found each other unbearable. Leaving them alone was a problem, so Yamato, Noboru, and Naomi made an agreement not to let the two alone with each other or they might end up strangling each other in annoyance.

Cobra had witnessed everything about Hiyori. Her rebellion phase in which her grandpa does not approve about. She went to Oya High for three months because nearby schools wouldn’t accept her.

He was a witness of her stupidity when she was a teenager, her recklessness, and her constant annoyance towards him.

Even little things about her annoys him that time. Her brown eyes that couldn’t stop glaring at him, her lips twitching when he does something to annoy her, and her raising eyebrows whenever she comments on what he said.

They couldn’t find things to like about each other.

Cobra swore he would never like the girl no matter what.

But, of course, faith was rather playful and decided not to go with his plans. It didn’t even give him a chance to move on from his little crush back when they first met.

In high school, there came the hardest times for Hiyori. 

When her grandfather died, she thought life would be over for her. 

She was all alone.

That made Cobra annoyed.

He faced her, telling her that she wasn’t alone because he has Naomi, Tatsuya, Noboru, and Yamato.

Moreover, she has him.

He made her realize those things and helped her to get back up to her feet once again.

That’s how they became unexpectedly closer. 

He offered her a shoulder to cry on and she accepted, leading them to become best of friends.

Cobra thought she wasn’t that bad at all. She wasn’t just a selfish, annoying girl he used to think of.

She was more than that.