Lucky | Dahlia

A MONTH AGO, Ena wouldn’t believe herself that she would go fishing

       A MONTH AGO, Ena wouldn’t believe herself that she would go fishing. Because, let’s admit it, it’s not part of her aesthetic. The fishy smell of the sea would make her dizzy and would want to throw up.

But now, how did it go from that to this?

Ena was standing on a boat that was a few meters away from the shore, leaning a bit on the railings while holding a fishing rod. The hook was deep in the waters as she waited and waited to catch a fish… or something.

Todoroki Yosuke was doing the same thing, standing beside her in silence.

The girl groaned quietly, running out of patience. Her arms are going numb and the sea smell is getting in her hair, which she doesn’t like by the way.

She thought knowing or experiencing her boyfriend’s hobbies would go well but Ena doesn’t like every bit of this.

However, she doesn’t have the nerve to tell him that. 

Well, she loves the guy, what can she do but to keep her mouth shut and just enjoy spending time with him.

She began to tap her foot on the wooden deck, gripping the fishing rod in her hands. She tried to tell herself she could still wait for five minutes.

Only five minutes and I would never do this anymore.

But it hasn’t been a minute when she decided to turn to Yosuke, who was still looking down on the waters like he was doing half an hour ago.

“Yosuke,” she called, earning a gentle hum from the male. He didn’t bother to look at her, causing the girl to scowl a bit.

“How long are we going to wait?” she asked, her voice trying to be as gentle as possible. She doesn’t want him to hear her whine.

“It hasn’t been an hour, Ena,” he told her.

The girl turned to the waters again, frowning as she bit her bottom lip. 

This is not what she had in mind when Yosuke invited her to go to the beach.

They haven’t been spending a lot of time with each other since she’s going through an apprenticeship with her brother. She decided to be the Vice Chairman instead while Keiji would take their father’s position. 

Slowly, she had come to trust her brother when she realized he had no motives to endanger her. 

Ena realized it was rather nice to have a sibling.

She groaned and put the fishing rod on the ground, crossing her arms over her chest as she turned to her boyfriend.

“I’m done,” she said, “And I’m bored. I love you, but your hobby is hella boring, Yosuke. You’re like an old man, seriously.”

He finally turned to her, chuckling and his eyes twinkling in amusement, “Wow, I didn’t expect you would last for more than half an hour, love.”