Chapter 18 ~ My rights

🖤

Words:-800+

Words:-800+

__________________________

Author pov__

"There is no need for you anymore. I've already settled your payment. I'll call you if I need your services," Siddharth informed his bodyguard. Personally, he felt that there was no need to keep an eye on Raha anymore, especially now that she wouldn't be working in that cafe.

"Okay," the bodyguard responded as he made his way out of Siddharth's cabin.

Siddharth whispered to himself, "Don't make me upset, Raha," showing his trust that she wouldn't disappoint him by working in that cheap cafe.

Here, Raha had already completed all her lectures in college. Glancing at her watch, she noted it was 3:45, and she still had some time before Siddharth came to pick her up.

Deciding to pass the time, she chose to visit the cafe where she used to work. Unaware of the ongoing chatter, Raha walked in, oblivious to the discussions surrounding her. The cafe buzzed with talks about her being the wife of a billionaire and questions about why she still needed to work there. Some customers were even aware of her affluent background.

"She is the wife of a rich businessman; why would she work here?" a customer whispered.

"Maybe her husband doesn't give her much, he must have gotten bored of her you know, it's just billionaire things for the poor girl," Raha overheard two girls talking about her. A single tear escaped from her eye as she contemplated the comments.

Inwardly, she decided that she should give people some time to forget about these things. She regretted coming to the cafe and cursed herself for it.

Deciding to move on, Raha went to the dressing table, donned an apron, and started working in the cafe. Despite the comments and discussions, she loved working there no matter what.

While making coffee, a girl approached her. "Hey, Raha," she greeted.

"Hi," Raha politely replied.

"By the way, you know everyone here is talking about you," the girl informed her.

"Let's not interfere with them. People will forget what's happening in my life because everyone has their own problems. They will stop after some time, so let's just move on," Raha responded with maturity.

After working for some time, Raha glanced at her watch and noticed it was already 5:00. Realizing Siddharth might be waiting for her, she swiftly packed her things and headed towards the college parking area.

To her surprise, Raha saw the car, but Siddharth wasn't there; it was their driver.

"Sir was busy, so he asked me to pick you up, ma'am," the driver informed her.

"Okay," Raha replied before getting into the car.

After some time, Raha reached their mansion. She freshened up, changed into comfortable clothes, and worked on some college assignments.

Siddharth paced in his room, seething with frustration. "Shit. This girl is really getting on my nerves. Now, I'm damn mad at her. Shit, I'm losing my temper," he muttered as he unleashed his anger on the gym wall.

He had already removed the bodyguard assigned to Raha, trusting her not to work at that cafe. However, his trust was shattered, and he regretted relying on her. Concerned for her well-being, he had assigned one of his men to keep an eye on her. Despite the initial relief knowing she attended all her classes, his mood remained foul.

In the evening, after concluding a meeting, I received a message informing me that Raha had gone back to working at that cafe. The picture attached showed her wearing an apron, serving people. Damn, this girl.

Siddharth pov__

That's precisely why I refrained from picking her up at college. I knew that if I confronted her, I'd lose my temper and end up shouting, inadvertently causing her distress. So, here I am, pounding the wall to release my frustration. It hurts my hand, but it's a small price to pay to avoid raising my voice at her.

After spending a considerable amount of time in the gym, I decided it's time to head home and see her. It's already 9:00, and she's alone there. Strangely, she doesn't seem to miss me. No calls to check whether I'm alive or not. What's going on with her?

I've done a lot for her, but she remains so indifferent. It's perplexing. No other girl has dared to ignore me like this. I've invested so much, but she rarely acknowledges my efforts.

But enough is enough. She keeps crossing her limits, and it's time for her to understand that she carries my name. I won't tolerate my woman disobeying me. She needs to comprehend that she is Siddharth Khurana's wife, and I won't allow her to work for others.

Tonight, I'll try to make her understand, but if she doesn't listen, I'll have to take measures I didn't want to. She needs to accept that she can't escape from me or ignore me. It's time for her to recognize my rights over her.

____________________