•CHAPTER ONE•

As the light of the sun shone through the nursery brambles, Sunkit awoke.

She looked around the nursery.

Her mother, Sweetthorn, was in a deep slumber whilst her siblings, Nutpaw an Rosepaw, we're beginning to wake up.

It was early dawn, and the sun was just beginning to rise.

Two Toms made their way to the apprentices den, calling out what seemed to be Dewpaw's name.

Just then, a light gray she-cat popped out of the den, her eyes weary but excited.

The cats spoke with each other, but Sunkit was too far away to hear what they said.

A patrol?

Probably.

Just then, she heard Dewpaw mew excitedly.
"Are we doing battle training, Firewing?"

Just then Sunkit recognized her fathers Dark ginger pelt as Dewpaw asked about training.

Firewing nodded to Dewpaw, and flicked his tail to Seedstripe, who was walking with Firewing, Letting her know that him and his apprentice were leaving.

Seedstripe nodded and padded away deeper into the apprentice den.

"Come on, Dewpaw." Firewing mewed.

He trodded away and Dewpaw quickly caught up to Firewing, padding up next to him. Soon after, Seedstripe padded out of the apprentices den with Cinderpaw, a short furred spotted white tom. He looked proud. He glanced toward the nursery, blinking at the awakening queens and kits, and continued to pad with his mentor. Sunkit had admired Cinderpaw, Listening to him boast about his hunting experience or his battle training made her want to be the best warrior she could, but then again she was much far away from ever becoming a warrior. And as much as she admired him, looking at him also made her jealous.
'Why am I thinking about an apprentice I barely know? He's just an ordinary apprentice, just like the others.'
Just then, Sunkit felt her mothers tongue in between her ears, washing her.
"I can wash myself!" Sunkit ducked away, making a pouty remark.
"Now now, don't get all roudy. It's not my fault you still have burrs in your pelt. I mean, just look at your fur! It's sticking up as though your a porcupine."

When Sweetthorn was finished washing her, she moved onto her littermates. She heard Nutkit make the same pouty remark as their mother picked burrs out of his pelt. Rosekit just sat at the edge of the moss bed, poking at a beetle that had wondered into the nursery. When Sweetthorn was done picking out Nutkit's burrs, he immediately bursted away toward the nursery entrance. Before he left the nursery, he stopped and quietly asked,
"Could I go into the clearing?"
"Me too!" Sunkit got to her paws.
Rosekit had gotten to her paws, but didn't say anything, just stood beside her littermate, looking at their mother hopefully.
"Yes, but don't get under any of the warriors paws." Sweetthorn said in a calm but stern manner.
The three kits dashed away, Nutkit already pouncing on Sunkit, knocking her over. She let out a squeak of alarm, and rolled over to detach Nutkit.
"I'll be a Fogclan warrior! You and Rosekit will be Roseclan warriors!" Nutkit exclaimed, immediately getting into a battle stance. Rosepaw shot an encourager glance at Sunkit , and began to playfully tackle Nutkit to the ground.
"Begone, you filthy piece of dung!" Rosekit meowed, dabbing Nutkit face with her paw.
"Yea—" Sunkit was about to agree with Rosepaw when a large weight came upon her.
"Whoops! Sorry!" An apologetic voice came from behind Sunkit, startling her. She turned around, opening her mouth to speak but before Sunpaw could say anything, Nutkit came in beside her and mewed,
"Hello, Beachsplash! We're pretending to be Fogclan warriors!"
"That's wonderful! How about moving closer the the nursery, though? I would've squished Sunkit if put my paw down further."
Nutkit made an uncomfortable face whilst a Sunkit gave beachsplash a snorty look.
"Wait, no.. that's not what I meant.. I didn't have any intentions on hurting y—"
"All cats old enough to hunt their own prey gather around the Highstone for a clan meeting."
Sunkit heard Sorrelstar yowl from the Highstone.
Just then, Nutpaw exclaimed, "we're becoming apprentices!"  He jumped around for a moment until Sweetthorn padded out of the nursery and began to groom the three, soon to be apprentices.
"Look at you! And you three have only been out of the nursery for little time!"
"Beachsplash almost stepped on Sunkit!" Nutkit laughed. At this moment, when all the cats gathered below, sorrelstar began the ceremony.
"I gather Roseclan here today to bring three new apprentices to our clan. They have reached their worthy age of six moons. I am proud as a leader to welcome new life to our clan."
Sorrelstar cleared her throat, beginning the ceremony as the noises died down.

"I, leader of Roseclan, call upon our warrior ancestors to gather under the Highstone for a clan meeting."

She looked down at the clan, giving the three Kits proud looks. Sunkit then realized that Dewpaw and Cinderpaw were back from their patrol already. She didn't see them Walk in the bramble tunnel, so they probably arrived when her and her siblings were play fighting.
"Beachsplash, you will be mentor to Rosepaw."
Beachsplash padded to Rosepaw and touched noses with his new apprentice.
"Graystorm, you will be mentor to Sunpaw."
Sunpaw padded shyly but proudly toward Graystorm, touching noses with the gray warrior. Sunpaw noticed Graystorm's loud purr, directed proudly at Sunpaw, and to himself.
"Cragfeather, you will be mentor to Nutpaw."
Nutpaw proudly trotted to Cragfeather, his tail
High. Cragfeather didn't look happy, but didn't look disappointed, either. Just.. a half disgusted look covered his dark ginger muzzle, masked well.
They touched noses, and Nutpaw sat next to Cragfeather with a proud but shy gaze, obviously not noticing his disgust.

__________________________________

Hello, guys! I really hope you liked the first chapter. I know, it was way to long, and I published it early. But, my friends wanted to see it and they live nowhere near me. So, I had to publish it for them. I know, I might not get as much reads, and I probably won't finish it, but please tell me if you like it and if you want me to make a second chapter. I can't promise I wont publish it early. Love y'all! ♥️🥖
(P,S, I'll only make a second chapter if you tell me to)