3-✿ 3rd street records

y/n.

3rd street records. Only the best place to find limited edition and the 'always sold out' albums. I loved this place, I could always rely on Mrs. Williams (Marties mom) to always have the record I needed. She also had Our albums in the display window all the time. She was so supportive of our band.

➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳

Today I wanted to get my friend a cute and aesthetic gift for her birthday. So I decided to make her a themed basket. Her favorite music artist was Tyler the Creator, and gave it that general aesthetic. I knew they would have the vinyl I needed, so I had already mostly finished the basket, I just needed the vinyl to finish it 100%. I gave her socks to match the colors of the album, her favorite candies, a ttc t-shirt, a themed candle and some assorted pins.

When I walked in, the strong smell of lavender, cardboard and recently vacuumed cheap carpet filled my senses. It was a comfortable smell. Something I recognised and felt at home with.

"Good morning Charlie" I say to the cashier. Mrs. Brown had hired him because there had been a steady flow of customers the past few months, and she needed to keep up with the demand. Record players and vinyl have become pretty popular over the past few years. It's nice to see them come back.

➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳

"Nice to see ya y/n. Looking for anything in particular today?" The boy said from the counter. His hair fell far over his face, covering most of it. He was tall, scrawny and had a great taste in music, and style.

"Yes actually. Do ya have 'Flower boy' the Tyler the Creator Album?"

"Yeah we got it. It's on the third shelf over there by the back" He said, pointing to the general location of the vinyl.

It was pretty vague, but it's not too hard to find certain albums if the store is organized. I say thank you and smile as I make my way over to the back of the store. I started searching for the album near where Charlie told me to look. Flipping through the large 'hip hop/rap' sections.

============================

Walker.

After 'Percy Jackson' premiered on the 20th. I've been waiting for them to release the soundtrack. They only released it a few days ago, not too long after christmas. Leah told me they had it on vinyl now so of course I had to get it. I searched online but it was already sold out. I checked on the websites of different stores, but only two actually had it in stock. 'Avery's Records' and '3rd Street records.' 3rd street records were significantly closer so I had my driver take me there. He's such a nice guy, always seems to be in a good mood.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

When I got to the store, the first thing I noticed was the 'Saving Martie' vinyls in the display window. The owner must have good taste, I thought to myself.

As I walk in, the smell of cardboard and lavender flood my nose. An odd combination I must say.

"Good morning, can I help you find anything today?" A boy said from the counter. His voice was deep, and had a very slight Texan twang to it. "Yeah actually, Do you have a soundtrack section?" I ask.

He flipped his long hair to the side of his face and looked me up and down. His expression changed, as if he realized something, or maybe he was just really annoyed. It was confusing. "Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked, subtly pointing to me.

"Uh Probably not. I've never been in here before" I say, hoping he didn't realize who I was.

"Hmm. Well the soundtrack section in that middle aisle, far back and on the right side."

I walked into the aisle, the shelves were lined with records. I flip through them, hoping I have some luck at finding it. I looked for a solid three minutes before I was distracted by someone's voice.

"Hey Charlie. Are you sure you have it? I'm not having any luck finding it." It was a girl. I couldn't see her face, because she was still flipping through vinyls on the shelf on the wall.

"Y/n, We have it, I'm absolutely certain of it." The Cachier replies.

The girl turns to the Cachier. I recognised her faster than the speed of light. It was y/n l/n! My heart dropped. I didn't know whether I was fangirling like crazy or having a mild panic attack, but man was I nervous.

She paused for a moment. She was listening to something. "WAIT A SECOND '' She laughed and walked over to the record player behind the checkout.

"That's why I couldn't find it! Because it was playing on your record player. Can I switch it and take this one?" She asked kindly. Her voice was so--NO STOP IT WALKER

"Yeah yeah, go ahead. You pick, I need something to keep me awake. Tyler aint doing that for me, surprisingly."

y/n smiled and skipped over to the metal/rock isle and flipped through a variety of records until she pulled out the Metallica album 'and justice for all'. She walked right past me, and didn't notice me. She's just minding her business, why should I care anyway, she's just a crush anyway, I thought to myself.

y/n switched the records, and then teased the cashier by making electric guitar sounds to match the riff of the song. It was literally so adorable.

=========================

y/n

I switched the two albums. As I placed the record on the counter, the first song came on. I started teasing Charlie with my annoying guitar noises.

"Will that be all?" Charlie said.

"Umm. Do you still have that weird limited edition Pink Floyd album? Ellie really wanted it, but you didn't have it when she was here last."

Charlie shook his head, no.

"Yeah then I guess I should be going now. I'll see you again soon!" I say, after handing him the desired amount of cash.

I smiled and left. I was just so excited to give my friend her gift.

=========================

Walker.

How she didn't notice me was beyond me. But I guess she just stayed in her own little bubble. Respecting other's business. Or maybe she did see me. I wonder if she would have recognised me. I sure hope so.

I didn't end up finding the vinyl, sadly, so I checked to see when their next restock would be and planned to go again that day. y/n knew the cashier so she probably went there a lot, maybe i'd see her...