Ch. 5: Watched

Luz walked into town, where she saw Gus and Willow.

"Luz! You'll never believe it! Today's the annual Covention!" Gus said.

"Covention? Don't you mean "Convention?"" Luz asked them as they walked up to her.

"No, we mean "Covention." It's where witches gather to see what future covens and all the other covens are like." Willow said as she held up posted for the Covention. "There's even going to be a surprise guest."

"Oh, so it's like a job fair with magic." Luz said with a nod.

"Want to come?" Gus asked.

"Uh... sure, do either of you have a cloak or something?" Luz asked, "I had a couple of Coven Guards show up at the Owl House and don't want to draw attention."

'Even if Eda mind whipped them, it's better to be safe than sorry.' Luz thought.

"Sure, but why did they show up at the owl house?" Willow asked.

"You know the usual, Eda's the most wanted wild witch." Luz said to them, "And I guess they want me because I know her."

'Guilty by association should exist here to make it should be believable.' Luz thought as they agreed with her. 'Yes!'

The group made their way to the Covention center and stopped by a shop to buy Luz a cloak to hide her. She put the hood over her ears and she couldn't resist wrapping it around her and lowering her voice.

"I'm batman."

"Who's Batman?" Gus and Willow asked Luz.

"Inside joke." Luz said to them, "Come on, let's go."

The group headed to the Covention center and Luz was immediately amazed by the sight of it all!

"Woah, this place is cool!" Luz said.

"Yeah, there's more to the coven system then just the main nine covens." Willow said as they began walking though the Covention center.

Luz looked around at all the covens. They all varied from just the main nine to some silly ones like the baking coven, tiny cat coven, spelling coven, etc.

"Man, do you guys have a coven for just about everything?" Luz asked them.

"Not everything." Willow said to Luz.

"I can't wait to see what else this place has."

"Then allow us to show you all of it." Gus said as they walked to a stand representing one of the Nine. "Our first stop is the plant coven, anything related to nature and plants, they're the best of the best."

Willow gazed at it, wanting to actually join the plant coven, but being forced to stay in the Abomination coven. Luz could see her desire to be in the track she truly wanted and needed to find a way to make it happen but how?

'Maybe I can prove that she is strong in the other.' Luz thought.

They moved in to other coven stands such as the Oracle coven, baker's coven, the book coven, and even an exercise coven. Despite the strange names, Luz was still interested in learning about all the different covens. From a distance, Luz was being watched. A girl with green hair had a bad feeling about this girl. Something inside of her was telling her this girl was trouble, and not just because she was wearing a cloak to hide her face. Also, some small part of her was worried about her "friend" Willow being around this suspicious girl.

"Amity, it is time for our lesson." Lilith said.

Amity came out of her thoughts and looked to her teacher, the head of the Emperor's Coven.

"Right, Ms. Lilith." Amity said with a nod.

Amity went to look at the girl again, but she was gone.

'Whoever you are, I am going to keep an eye on you.' Amity thought.