Ch. 14: Relationship Goals

As they went inside, Odalia finally thawed out.

She was shivering cold and wet while looking around angrily for someone, anyone to just yell at to feel a bit better.

"I'm telling you Em, I don't know who did it but that sculpture is so-" Edric said before he and Emira walked in, stopping and seeing their shivering mother. "Mom?"

"No, the ice sculpture!" Odalia shouted sarcastically.

"Where's your father!?" Odalia demanded.

Ed and Em pointed to the basement.

Odalia stomped off to the basement as she left a trail of wet footsteps.

"So...mom was the ice sculpture?" Emira asked her brother.

"I guess... we should go before she comes back." Edric said.

"Yeah, mom looked steamed. And have you seen Mittens?" Emira asked him as they left the room.

"Nope, let's go see if she's at the library."

The two left to go look for Amity, while Odalia went down to the basement.

"Alador!" Odalia screamed, "You're daughter is out of control!"

Alador raised his goggles and put his tools down.

"Why is it, Amity is only my daughter when she does something you don't like?"

Odalia ignored him and kept talking.

"She lost a witches duel!" Odalia said, "And then she ran away with the person she lost against!"

"Ran away after she lost? Why is that?" Alador asked, actually ceasing his work to listen to her.

"I have no clue! She just showed up 3 seconds after I was disciplining Amity, threatens me, and somehow freezes me with her breath!" Odalia said.

Alador closed his eyes in annoyance.

"And how did you 'discipline' Amity?"

"A stern lecture!" Odalia said, still shivering before sneezing.

"And?" Alador asked, expecting more.

"How I raise our children is none of your business!" Odalia said, "All that matter is you need to make something to destroy that... thing!"

"1. It is my business since they're OUR children. And 2. What thing did Amity lose to in the first place?" Alador said to her.

"A human with abilities no human should have!" Odalia said before sneezing.

"What kind of abilities?"

Odalia sniffed before listing what she saw from Luz.

"Floating or flying, enhanced strength, breath that could freeze a person, and laser eyes." Odalia said before summoning a spirit. "Get me a hot drink and towel."

Alador closed his eyes again, oh how he wonders where this marriage went wrong.

"I... will think of something to... deal with the... human." He said, mostly wanting his wife to leave his workshop.

"Good! We need to find Amity and bring her back before news of this gets out!" Odalia said as her spirit returned with a large towel and some hot tea for her.

The "caring" matriarch left her husband to work as Alador let out a large sigh while rubbing his forehead.

"Titan I should've said 'I don't' instead of 'I do'." Alador said.