𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞

𝐈.

" Following the royal wedding with Laenor Velaryon, precisely nine months later, Rhaenyra Targaryen graced the realm with the birth of a scion. The infant—a daughter with a face of delicate pallor and a crown of silver hair—was christened Maella Velaryon. At the age of three and ten, a solemn declaration officially designated her as heiress to the Iron Throne, solidifying her pivotal role in the enduring saga of the war. "

" Though admired by many, it was the Queen Alicent Hightower who openly acknowledged Maella Velaryon's potential. Fearful that the princess would follow Rhaenyra's path of dishonor and indecency, the Queen provided guidance to the young girl. Frequent engagements, be it conversations over tea or strolls amidst the regal garden, became customary. Maella gave solace to the older woman, who had long felt isolated in the solitude of court. Over the years, a bond grew between them—one that surpassed the constraints of duty, and that some speculated held a romantic undercurrent. "

" Scholars and chroniclers alike would later dissect the nuances of Princess Maella's betrayal, as it greatly impacted the political and social tapestry of the era: for there was nothing so cruel and brutal to the Greens as her treachery. "

— 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐲𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 (𝟏𝟔𝟎 𝐀𝐂)

─────

Maella Velaryon, the illegitimate offspring of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Daemon Targaryen, takes center stage as she navigates a civil war where unforeseen gambits become the key to survival. Weaves elements from TV and book canons.