Chapter Thirty One

KENNEDY

Switzerland is gorgeous especially during the holidays. From the beautiful views, to the snow-capped mountains and the Christmas markets. All Astrid and I have done since we arrived is ski, go ice-skating, lots of tours and of course lots of shopping. I have had so much fun hanging out with my sister but it doesn't take the pinch of being away from my boyfriend. He's my first boyfriend and we are having to celebrate the holidays apart because of my over bearing parents. To make matters worse we've been here more than a week and I've only see them twice. I wish they would have left me back in New York but at least Astrid is here otherwise I'd have walked back to New York to get away from them.

"Kenny." Astrid calls out to get my attention.

I look up from my phone to give her my attention.

"What do you think?" She asks twirling around to show me the beautiful winter coat she has picked out.

"I like it but you should get it in white, it brings out your eyes." I reply.

"You're right." She concurs and waves the sales lady over.

My phone pings with another text and it's of Isaiah at Frosty Dream holding up a plate with the words "Miss you" written in frosting. It nearly brings tears to my eyes.

"That's cute." Astrid whispers peeping over my shoulder at the picture.

"He is cute isn't he." I reply sending those exact words back to him and a lot of kissy face emojis.

"I'm sorry Kenny. I know us being here isn't the ideal holiday we were both hoping for." Astrid apologizes.

I turn to her with a sad smile. "It's not your fault Astrid."

"I know but still I am sorry." She says pulling me in for a hug.

I slack in her arms and let her hold me before I break down.

"And to make matters worse tomorrow is new year's eve. I won't be there to kiss him after the count down." I pout recalling the whole gang has plans to hang out at Wesley's for the fireworks show the boys have put together.

"There will be lots of other new year's." Astrid consoles.

"Will there? We are going off to college in a few months. I'll be in Yale and he'll be in Princeton three hours away. Maybe it was stupid getting into a relationship knowing there's no future." I mumble sadly.

Astrid cups my face and brings my eyes up to meet hers. "Hey, no. Do not say that. Kennedy I have not seen you this happy in a long time. This boy brings out the best in you and I have seen how he is around you. He adores you. Do not let this relationship go. You two are perfect for each other and long distance relationships do work you know. Give your relationship a chance to work and you will not be disappointed."

"Since when did you become such a relationship guru." I ask with a chuckle as I swipe away my tears.

"It comes with the big sister title. No more sadness now, okay?" She demands.

I nod and manage a quick smile. "Okay."

"Good, now let's keep shopping. I saw this really cute store next door that has the snow globes you wanted to buy your friends." She informs me.

"Okay I'm down for that." I agree even though I am feeling a bit down.

My relationship with Isaiah is fairly new so if we were to break up now, it would be easier as compared to months or years down the road but just the thought of losing him makes me feel sick. Isaiah is the best thing to happen to me in a long time and I am not going to let my fears and insecurities rob me of such love and happiness. We'll be fine even if we go to different colleges.