6. ken & jj time

The Beverly Eagles just beat Culver City. The whole gang was meeting up at the cafe to celebrate the win.

Olivia and Kennedy were sitting on the end of the table of the guys, bored out of their minds.
Leila comes over talking about her problems with her dad and Asher getting along, "my dad certainly likes Spencer,"

Asher then walks over to the table on cue, "your dad doesn't like me. I'm taking off,"

"Oh, in your private jet?" Leila teases, "hey, you don't need to act that way to impress my dad, okay? Just be yourself,"

"It's been a long day," Asher sighs, "the game sucked, talking to your dad sucked, your brother sucks," he directs at Liv, "I'm going home,"

"Asher don't-" he leaves before Leila can convince him to stay.

Kennedy turns to see Jordan paying attention to them now, "hey good game by the way,"

"Thank you, Ken," he smiles, "I heard your mom was in town what's up with that?"

"Um just divorce stuff, my dad is moving to a penthouse downtown and they're just sorting through everything a lot of arguments for sure," she rambles explaining.

He nods putting his hand on hers, "you can always stay with us if it's too much for you,"

"I know," she smiles at him, "thanks for the offer, what's wrong with you and Asher?"

Jordan sighs heavily, "he's just being a dick,"

"He's always been a dick, J," Kennedy shrugs, "are you just now realizing that or-"

He cuts her off, "I just have my reasons alright?"

"Alright," Kennedy holds her hands up, "I was just wondering, I'm gonna head home to the disaster,"

"Call me if you want, okay?" Jordan asks.

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "I'll be fine,"

"I'm serious," Jordan pulls her back.

"I know," Kennedy laughs, "I appreciate the worry,"

"Mrs. J!" JJ's voice runs throughout the Johnson home. It's two days later. Kennedy was helping her mom redecorate their house.

"Hello JJ!" Jen Johnson smiles at the bleached blonde, "what's up?"

"I'm here to take your daughter out," JJ explains then sees Kennedy, "come on ken,"

"Oh," Jen stops turning to look at her daughter, "are you two?"

"Oh gosh no, mom!" Kennedy's eyes widen in horror.

"Okay, so I guess Jordan Baker is still on your radar?" Jen asks secretly knowing her daughter.

JJ laughs and Kennedy shakes her head, "no mom, let's go JJ before she embarrasses me more,"

Kennedy's face was glowing red as she grabs JJ's hand pulling her out of the home. "Okay so why are we hanging out?"

"I can't just hang out with my favorite girl ever?" JJ asks as Kennedy squints her eyes, "Jordan might've mentioned something-"

"Oh my god, he's so worried about me," Kennedy sighs, "my dad is completely moved out so there's not arguing and-"

"Well I wanted to hang out with you," JJ cuts off her monologue, "everyone's at the block party and Coach is making Jordan and Asher make up so I wanted some quality Ken and JJ time,"

"Okay fine," Kennedy shrugs, "let's get ice cream,"

"Bet,"

Kennedy and JJ were having the best time catching up with each other. She hasn't had this much fun with JJ in a long time.

"Want to be my homecoming date?" Kennedy asks, "I don't really have anyone else to go with,"

"I totes would, Ken," JJ says, "but I already hooked up two hot twin blondes to go with me,"

"I'm not surprised," Kennedy laughs, "you're a total catch,"

"I know you love me, Johnson," JJ smirks, "why don't you ask Jordan?"

"I don't know," Kennedy shrugs, "I just feel like it's embarrassing if I ask him because of the whole bet, fake dating thing,"

"Please that is so old news and only some of the football guys knew about it," JJ scoffs, "no one really cares about it anymore, didn't you two go as friends last year,"

"That's different, he asked me last year," Kennedy informs JJ, "and no one knew who I was,"

"Um please!" JJ exclaims, "everyone has known who Kennedy Johnson is since she walked in freshman year,"

"Whatever," Kennedy laughs slapping her blonde friend, "maybe I'll find someone else,"

"You're becoming a player, Kenny," JJ pinches her cheek, "proud of you,"

"I kissed Jordan only on the cheek and I think I had maybe four kisses with Tommy," Kennedy defends herself, "I wouldn't call myself a player,"

"Tommy still has the bruises from Jordan's killer punches," JJ laughs.

"Good," Kennedy softly smiles, "he deserves them, so do you know anybody for me to take to homecoming?"

"Uh no," JJ shakes his head, "but I'll figure something out for ya,"

"Thanks JJ," Kennedy nods.

JJ made it his priority the next morning in first period, before Kennedy got to class, to convince Jordan to actually make a move on Kennedy. "When are you going to get over this bullshit with Ken?"

"What?" Jordan asked confused, "me and Ken don't have any bullshit,"

"No, like genuinely ask her out, and take her on dates," JJ explains, "you two are perfect for each other,"

"She's put me in the friend zone since kindergarten," Jordan scoffs, "and it doesn't help that your dumbass told her about the bet, that was how I was going to convince her to start liking me,"

"I'm trying to make it up to you," JJ hits his arm, "ask her to homecoming,"

"She doesn't already have a date?" Jordan asks, "I might ask someone else,"

"Dude, no she doesn't," JJ responds, "don't give up on her yet, she's stubborn,"

"I know," Jordan nods, "she's amazing, I just don't know how to make her like me,"

"She does," JJ informs him, "let her figure it out, someone will win her over eventually and I want it to be you, not some asshole like Tommy,"

The boys both stop talking when they hear Kennedy greet the teacher walking in the classroom, "hey guys what's up?"

"Talking about homecoming," JJ chirps.

"About your hot twin dates?" Kennedy teases sitting down next to Jordan, "you got a date?"

"Um not yet, no," Jordan smiles. He's gotta ask her.