Four

Hanaina's Pov

"I think since I live alone she can stay with me and I can monitor her and her eating habits. Nollani? What do you think?" I ask hoping she agrees.

Jasmine told me a bit about Nolani. The reason why her and I have never really met is because of her background. Yasmina only wanted to create a safe space for her thus she didn't invited me while she was visiting. She didn't want to invited someone else while she was round and make her feel uncomfortable.

She didn't go into much detail because she thought it wasn't her place to talk about Nollani's family history,  which was a decision I understood and respected. Nollani is a very sweet girl, it only hurts me that she's had people hurt her in the past. The poor baby.

I loved interacting with her, she was shy which I found adorable but I also caught the fact that she slipped slightly when I met her and Hafsa in the bathroom last night. If I connect the dots I could probably reach the conclusion that she's a little but that would be a drastic assumption.

I know my request to get her to come live with me was sudden but it was only a joke. I know she wasn't paying attention and just answered to not show that she had completely lost the conversation along the way.

"You're willing to live with someone you hardly spent time with but didn't want to take my offer?" Jasmine said evidently upset. Nollani looked just as confused before realisation hit her.

"Mumma this bimbo wasn't paying attention and just answered anyhow, you know what she's like sometimes." Hafsa says defending her friend. I know I had asked jokingly but deep down I wanted to keep this little pumpkin where I could see her. I understand her situation, so I need to keep my mommy feelings and reflexes tucked away.

I leave an hour later just to go check if my office is running smoothly. I'm wearing a white collared shirt with a nude pleated skirt and few gold accessories. I get to the office and immediately everyone starts buzzing around going to their designated places. I look around very unpleased before going up to my office. My assistant walks in a few seconds later.

"Morning Miss Zalda wh- " I cut her off just there.

"Why was everyone sitting around not working early in the morning when I had given strict orders to make sure everything is under control while I'm not here. I'm only an hour and a few minutes late Latisha!" I scold her. If I could I would've already warmed her bum.

"I'm sorry Miss Zalda I -"

"You what? Stop trying to make excuses for failing to carry out a simple task young lady! This better be the last time this happens while I'm not around or there will be trouble. Am I understand Latisha Amanda Rein?"

"Yes Miss Zalda, I'll make sure nothing of this nature ever happens again" She says with her cheeks looking slightly flushed.

"Very well." I respond with a nod. Please close my door behind you Latisha." I ask having calmed down slightly. I know I can be a pain in the backside sometimes but I like when everything goes right. I want no nonsense. I don't like feeling like I'm running a preschool when I'm running a serious business. I have to be strict sometimes.

I manage 3 meetings, 2 of which were scheduled to take place and 1 that I agreed to squeeze in today. I decide I've heard enough talking for one day so I head to my office to get some paperwork done. I decide to get my phone to check a few of my messages. Where on earth did I put it? I ring Latisha to come into my office, walking in a second later.

"Have you seen my phone? Or where I happened to have placed it when I came?" I ask her while scanning my desk for it.

"No I haven't, but I can go check in your car?"

"Yes! I must have left it in the car." I say digging for my car keys and handing them to her. I continued with my work before Latisha comes in empty handed. "I looked everywhere. It's not there."

"Huh. That's weird." Where on eart- oh Jasmine's. Great now I have to leave the office again. It was already pretty late in the afternoon so it wouldn't hurt to leave for a few minutes. "I'll be back in a few minutes Tisha, you better make sure there's no horseplay while I'm gone." I sternly state. Her response is a very quick nod with a nervous grin. Goodness this girl, she's responsible for the most part but she can get a bit silly sometimes.

I finally grab my bag and leave, driving to Jasmine's place. Having to drive in afternoon traffic was a headache, but I get there with my head thankfully still intact. I ring the bell. I wonder if Jas is home, she also works pretty late some days.

"Aunty Hanaina? What's wrong?" Hafsa says peeking out the door. I frown before I push her aside. What is this child up to?

"Hafsa?! I stare at her in shock. "Why on earth is the house flooded?" I spot Nollani somewhere in the back trying to clean up the water looking anxious and exhausted. I look back at Hafsa who is just as anxious. I sternly tell her to go get towels to clean the mess up. I assume Jas isn't home yet because the house would've been on fire had she seen this mess.

Nollani spots me a second later and panics looking away from me quickly. What the heck were these two up to. "Nollani? What happened here?" I ask her instead because I trust her to be truthful and give me the response I need to hear. She's quiet for a few seconds playing with her fingers.

"It was nothing serious Aunty Naina we were just-" I cut Hafsa off.

"NOLLANI! What happened?" I say evidently unhappy with the two girls,  shutting off the lies Hafsa was cooking up.

"I-I was, I thou- thought-"

"She was just-"

"HAFSA! let her speak before you get yourself in much more trouble." I say trying my best to stay calm. Hafsa had mischievous tendencies sometimes so I know she can cook up a good lie. I hate lies so if she even tries to fool me it won't end well.

"I I I thought the washing machine was done but it it still had water when I opened it." Oh my goodness this child.

"Nollani." I say unsure of how I want to address her silly little mistakes. She guiltily looked away fiddling with the towel in her hands. "Alright then. You both better clean this mess before your mother comes back." I say looking in Hafsa's direction. I manage to help where I can, and thankfully after sometime all the water's gone.

I shaking my head slightly, looking at them. Hafsa giggles. While Nollani goes to put everthing back in it's place. Jas walks in a second later she looks at the three of us confused.

"Naina? Why are you here? The house looks and smells clean. Aww girls!" she looks at Hafsa and Nollani who look sheepishly at me. Probably afraid I would tell jasmine about the little accident.

"I couldn't find my phone so I came to check if I left it here this morning."

"Ohhh I know where it is Aunty Naina, I'll go get it." Hafsa rushes out the room.

"Well you might as well stay for dinner before leaving it is a few minutes past 7pm."

"Jas I have some work left to do. My assistant is probably waiting for me. Probably even wondering why I'm not back yet." I tell her not sure if she's fully convinced. Hafsa hands me my phone. So sweet of her because it's fully charged.

"Naina, it's late already you can't be working this late you'll burn out. Come join us for dinner I ordered sea food. " I let out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine let me call my assistant." I leave for a bit to call Latish and come back once everything is sorted. The girls set up the table. I plate up the food while Yasmina changes into house clothes.

I sit opposite Nollani this time around. I wanted to help her with her food but I respect boundaries so I let her eat watching her making a little mess on her shirt. Pretty cute to me. I leave shortly after, wanting nothing but my bed. I get home, taking a quick hot shower. I jump into bed and sleep like a baby.