Twenty Three

I'm currently sitting outside my grandmother's house waiting for mommy to come get me. Nothing eventful really happened, besides how my dad insisted on taking me to class this morning. I didn't wanna tell him someone else was gonna do it because he would've asked me a whole lot of nonsense so I gave in. When he dropped me off he said to call him when I was ready for him to come pick me up, it was weird but I still agreed. Mommy was a bit worried when I told her about the change of plans but I managed to convince her.

When I see Mommy's car pull up I quickly gather my things and walk really fast towards the car. Mommy gets out and I drop everything running to her. "Oh hi pumpkin." Mommy says catching me in her arms. I cling to her taking in her warmth, her scent, her love, everything. I told my grandmother about mommy, I just lied and said she's my new landlady.

"I missed you!" I say burying my head in her neck.

"Mommy missed you too sweet-thing" she says and sets me down making me whine in displeasure. "Can I get a kiss?" She asks pouting expectantly. I peck her lips quickly after looking around, making sure no one is looking. I get my things and throw them in the car. Mommy opens my door for me to get in but that's not happening today. I run right around going to the passenger door, by the time mommy realises what's going on it's too late because I'm already inside, shutting the door on her.

"Too slow!" I say giggling. It backfires though because the door is swiftly opened and she carries me over her shoulder to my booster seat quickly buckling me in.

"Too slow!" She says, making me pout turning away from her. She gets in the car and drives us home, not moved by little tantrum. "Baby can you open the box right next to you? There's something I need you to hand me that's inside the box." I wasn't gonna listen to her but what she's talking about sounds important so I get the box opening it. It's full of crumbled paper making me wonder what it is she might want in here.

"See it?" I furrow my eyebrows moving the paper away. My eyes go really wide when I see a pair of sparkling tinkerbell shoes, they even have the white fluffy ball ontop. I take one shoe handing it over to mommy. "They're yours silly! I was just fooling with you." Mommy says chuckling.

"Really?" I ask already taking off my shoes to put on my tinker shoes. This is probably the best gift I've ever gotten. Aunty Jasmine used to buy me loads of precious gifts but this one it precious-er. I feel my eyes tearing up. "Thank you mommy!" I manage to say with a lump in my throat.

"Aww you're very welcome pumpkin."

When we arrive home I quickly unbuckle my seat belt ready to give my shoes a trial run, literally. I open my door shooting across the front yard giggling. I run around before noticing that there's an open gate covered in vines. I look back at mommy, who looks back at me suspiciously. I run straight for the gate and surprisingly she doesn't stop me. When I get to the other side I notice there's a sandpit with monkey bars over it, a swing set and a slide. Ahead is a short fence around a pool, that looks very well kept but mommy never comes here.

I look back seeing mommy standing smiling back at me. The play area doesn't look new, one of the buckets still has sand in them, meaning that someone used it not too long ago. "Never showed me backyard!" I look at mommy a bit disappointed.

"When I wanted to show you around the house the day you moved in you didn't want to leave the playroom baby. That's why I've never brought you here." I nod remembering how I told mommy to take the house tour alone. Mommy walks up to me squatting next to me

"Other little?" I ask and mommy pushes my hair behind my ear.

"Yes love, she used to play in the sandpit mostly, the other things were too big for her." I nod once again.

"Me allowed to play here?"

"Yes you are baby, all yours now!" Mommy says.

"Swim?"

"Can you?" I quickly shake my head. I was never taught how to swim, I usually watched people swim. The few times I've been asked if I could I usually lied, until the day my lie backfired but that's a story for another day.

"I play now mommy?" I jump excitedly.

"Go ahead, mommy going inside but I'll come out through that door." She says pointing to the sliding door that leads out here. I've never seen this door from inside. I think i need to explore the house once I'm done playing out here.

"Otay" I respond running to climb up the monkey bars. Mommy suddenly closes the gate locking it but I shrug it off continuing to play. It's not too long after mommy opens the door.

"Do you need to potty baby?" Mommy yells making me blush at the thought of the neighbours hearing her.

"Mommy Nooo! No need to potty!" I yell stomping my foot. Mommy nods going away but still leaving the door open. Eventually I'm covered in sand everywhere. I take off my tinker shoes because I need to keep them clean, afterwards I pull down my shorts dusting them off and throwing them aside then it's my shirt. I look at the pool realising it would help wash the sand way, It doesn't even look that deep. I walk around looking for the gate then I finally find it, wiggling happily.

"You're going to get yourself a sore little bottom Nollani." Mommy says warningly startling me. I quickly walk around going to the swings, pretending I wasn't about to open the gate to the pool. "what happened to your clothes young lady?" I point climbing on the swing. "Words! I can't hear pointing." Mommy says in her mommy voice which scares me a bit.

"Clothes over there mommy!" I say and she goes over to pick them up.

"No going near the pool, you have about...10 minutes more to play then it's bath time, okay?" Mommy says looking at me.

I nod but quickly say "yes Mommy" when she lifts an eyebrow, she's so scary sometimes.

"Come mama, bathtime." Mommy says, there's no way, it's only been 10 seconds.

"No mommy too early. I still playing." Mommy comes over but I run away, I though I was really fast but mommy catches me in a slit second, I kick around trying to get down but mommy slaps my butt making me stop. I hide my face on her shoulder upset with her.

"You can play tomorrow lovebug. Mommy has to get you clean for dinner time right now." She tells me but I'm still not convinced. "Then you can have mommy's milky" mommy says in my ear making me shoot up and look at her boobies.

"Silly girl" Mommy chuckles setting me on my feet. I run to the bathroom having completely forgotten I was upset a second ago.