one, the serpents

The grandeur of the Rosier mansion echoed with the clattering of silverware and the gentle hum of hushed conversations

The grandeur of the Rosier mansion echoed with the clattering of silverware and the gentle hum of hushed conversations. In one opulent chamber, adorned with dark tapestries and polished oak furniture, the Rosier siblings prepared for the journey to Hogwarts. Evita, draped in emerald green robes, sat on the edge of an ornate bed, watching impatiently as her twin brother, Evan, fumbled with the laces of his dress shoes.

"Merlin's beard, Evan! It's just a pair of shoes, not a bloody magical incantation," Evita grumbled, her impatience evident in the sharp cadence of her voice.

Guppy, the house elf, materialized beside them, his large ears drooping slightly. "Miss Evita, please mind your language. Mistress Rosier does not approve of such expressions."

Evita's eyes narrowed, and her annoyance spilled over. "Honestly, Guppy, must you be so insufferable? I am well aware of Mother's preferences, but there's no need for you to police my vocabulary."

Guppy bowed low, his large eyes pleading for understanding, but Evita merely scoffed, dismissing him with a wave of her hand.

"There, I'm done, so will you please calm your tits?" Evan rolled his eyes. "You're going to form premature wrinkles and start to look like mother if you keep that temper of yours."

Adhara Rosier, an imposing figure with aristocratic poise, entered the scene, casting a scrutinizing gaze over her children. "Enough squabbling. We are going to Platform 9 and 3/4, and I expect you both to be on your best behavior. No disgraceful displays this year, or you'll face the consequences upon your return."

With Adhara's warning hanging heavily in the air, the twins made their way to the train station. The Hogwarts Express loomed ahead, a portal to a world of magic and mystery. Evita's eyes narrowed as she scanned the platform, immediately spotting familiar faces and potential allies.

The rhythmic chugging of the Hogwarts Express filled the air as the train pulled away from Platform 9 and 3/4. The sleek compartments were filled with excited chatter, laughter, and the anticipation of another school year. Yet, as the Rosier twins made their way through the narrow corridors, a noticeable hush followed in their wake.

Evan, with his characteristic charm, gave a crooked smile, while Evita's piercing gaze scanned the compartment doors. Students, both younger and older, cast furtive glances their way – a mixture of fear, admiration, and perhaps a touch of envy.

"Looks like we're the talk of the train again," Evan mused, the corners of his mouth turning up in a sly grin.

"Always," Evita replied, her tone a blend of indifference and pride.

As they approached the front of the train, the compartment door slid open, revealing the familiar faces of their Slytherin friends – Regulus Black, Quintessa Selwyn, and Azrael Nott. The atmosphere shifted, a palpable aura of authority and camaraderie enveloping the group.