I have a Confession.

The Professor paced up and down whilst he was talking, he seemed nervous, unsure of how his team, would react. He really couldn't call it, he was confident they would follow him to the Sun if need be, but on the other hand, there was the fear they'd reject him.

"When I was at university I had many friends, but I had one friend who was head & shoulders above the others. We supported each other and well, long story short he became the director of the C.S.A (Central Security Agency)," explained Professor Woods.

"The C.S.A. are a government organization, and aren't you guys anti-government," Interrupted Phil.

"The time to ask questions will be when I've finished speaking," said Professor Woods in a calm voice.

Phil had huge amounts of respect for the Professor, he was a little embarrassed, he quickly apologised and kept quiet.

"We have always been suspicious but Phil we only became a grand anti when we were crossed by the Colonel and the military tried to control us and use us as a weapon, not for good purpose. The Super Soldier program has always,  well in my mind,
it has been a project of help and defence never to attack. So when the military wanted more control that's why we ran, we ran to get justice. The C.S.A. is a government agency, and like most government agencies it has corruption and failures, but Langer brings hope, he stands up to the government. The director, Eric A Langer is a good friend of mine and he has helped fund me, and the program. He's kept the heat off me and you, all of you. He might be a bit egotistical, stubborn, arrogant, materialistic, clumsy, rude....I could go on,  but he is loyal, honest and reliable, he would do anything to help me." Professor Woods gave a passionate speech.

The only person in the room who knew exactly what the C.S.A. did was Phil due to his law enforcement career. The little guy didn't always trust the big guy, to him they were a huge department with endless resources and annoyingly took the glory from the little guy. Some of this was true.

Professor Woods continued-"I created the Super Soldier serum. There was no barbaric experimentation, it took me a while to perfect it, but I did, with the help of Eric. His money and support helped me before I was naive enough to believe the military had good intentions, They wanted to wipe your minds and turn you into human robots. I was a fool."

"To the point. Director Langer has been poisoned and compromised, he is alive but in danger. So is Max."

He stopped talking, took a short pause and then spoke. He looked nervous.

"Ladies, Max is one of you. She's a Super Soldier as well." he paused and looked around the faces to gauge a reaction.

He didn't get the reaction he expected.

"I help Langer choose someone he could trust & who was close to him in many ways. I gave him protection. Max was the first Super soldier."

Storm stood up.

"I trust you with my life... I agree with most of your decisions, but you gave me purpose again. Some serious shit has gotta be going down if someone like us needs help. We are in" said Storm.

The others nodded in agreement.

Clive swivelled in his chair and shot off to the meeting table.

"The situation is; that Max is currently on
A man-made Island attempting to rescue 85 missing people who have been victims of mind control. She's doing well, she took out part of a 120 ft bridge!"

"Wow, she's my kind of woman, if she can do that why does she need our help," said Lightning.

"There is a lot of firepower against her long-range rifles, snipers etc, she can't combat distance," explained Clive

"So aren't we at the same level of risk?" asked Inferno.

It was a good question.

"The plan is to drop you off at night in groups of two. Two by air & two by water," explained Professor Woods.

"Not to be negative, and I don't back down from a challenge. What's to say we won't get shot at from long distance?" enquired Blaze

"We have Clive" answered Professor Woods

"There are a few things I can control & change to create the diversions you'll need" replied Clive.

"Great, so how do we contact Max?" asked Storm.

"I'll let Clive answer that," said the Professor

"The Professor's Pioneering Nanotechnology in all of you gives the availability of direct in-ear comms without handsets, aerials or earpieces. I've only just been able to finish the programming and receive the correct tech. Langer has used it and helped made it possible with his own money. Shall we try..."

Clive swivelled around on his chair and went back to his desk, a little too slow for Lightning as she shoved him with her foot, her lazy push was enough to send him flying over crashing into his desk.

"I think you've broken my ribs" said Clive whincing in discomfort.

"Just make contact before I break your arms" smiled Lightning sarcastically. They were all worried for Max.

Clive gave the Professor the nod.

"Max, this is Professor Woods. Can you hear me?" there was no reply.

"Get the satellite feed" requested Storm.