I totally lost it and said something I regret to her. Like, she didn't even do anything wrong, you know? She was just giving an example, but I let my anger get the best of me. Now I feel like crap about it. I've never reacted like that before. It's embarrassing.

Naina, while getting ready, kept saying, 'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.' Throughout the day, she kept apologizing, looking in the mirror. Even during school lectures, Aahan came to talk to Naina.

"Naina, are you okay? What happened yesterday?"

"Hey, no worries at all. You didn't do anything wrong. It was totally on me"

"Nah, seriously, you didn't do anything. It's all on me."

Aahan took out a gift from his bag and said, "It's for you. Don't open it here; check it at home."

"Hmm."

So, Naina just kinda pushed the gift to the side with zero excitement on her face. She looked like she was lost in her own world. Aahan noticed her expression, felt a bit bummed out, but then he was like, "Eh, it's cool," and just went back to doing his thing.

After some time, during lectures, she continued writing 'I'm sorry' in her book. In the evening, as soon as they returned home, Naina went to Aahan's house. Aahan opened the door and said, "Hi, Naina. Have you come to meet Meera?" (loudly)

Aahan's mom said, "Naina, dear, your bowl is with me. Take it." (voice from the kitchen)

"Okay, Aunty!"

"Naina, go to Dee's room. I'll be there in a moment."

Aahan went to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Naina entered Meera's room. Naina knocked.

Meera, sitting on the bed and reading a book, said with a somewhat no expression look, "Come in."

Her room was nothing short of paradise, filled with books. I had never seen such a clean room before. There were happy moments captured with her brother, and Meera had placed one leg over the other on the bed. She was wearing a cream-colored salwar suit, with her dupatta lying somewhere on a table nearby. Meera had a small mole on the side of her neck.

My trembling voice was troubling me. What will happen? What might Meera be thinking about me? I'm such a fool. I can't even look Meera in the eye. Give me courage, Maa. Meera might scold me. If I asked, I didn't have an answer. My heart was racing like it wanted to just wrap up the chat with a quick sorry.

(I sucked in a deep breath and let out a holler so loud, it could've passed for cheering on a squirrel race! Closing my eyes and quickly saying), "Sorry, I'm Meera."

Why didn't I drop dead before hearing this? Why am I still alive? I've ruined everything. I felt like banging my head against the wall. Suddenly, in front of Meera, I became the star of the world's most embarrassing show after all the nonsense I've blabbered. My spirit was doing a wild inward scream and cry after that line.

Meera was all like, "Seriously, a sorry?" Then, her face did this quick flip-flop, like her lips and eyes had a secret chat before returning. And boom! Meera's face switched to full-on annoyed mode, like she was low-key mad at me.

Seeing Meera's expression, I totally lost it and just blurted out without even waiting for the perfect dramatic pause. "I'm so sorry, Meera."

Meera's face did this quick smile-and-gone act, like she'd never even heard of smiling. Then, boom! Her expression turned into full-on grump mode, like forgiveness wasn't even in her vocabulary.

"Okay, sit down. Are you feeling better?" Meera asked.

I was all over the place in my head, wondering if she forgave me or not. That question hit me like a flying brick- unexpected and confusing! But hey, I had to come up with something, so I just went.

"Uh... Yes." (sitting on the bed)