Naina woke up in the morning, and her mom placed a cup of tea near her bed. Her mom started talking about their village. Naina was thinking about the events of the previous night, wondering if what happened was normal or not. Meera's book was lying near her bed, and she picked it up to find some writing inside.

"Do not worry."

Naina smiled and paused as her mom continued talking about Meera's book. Naina closed the book and hugged her mom.

"Is this Meera's book? Meera will join us for lunch. Aahan's mom informed me," her mom said.

"Sure, Mom."

Naina's smile was visible in her eyes, which were sparkling, and her lips were glowing.

Naina met Teena at school and said, "Teena, can we skip the plan for tomorrow?"

"Why? Aren't you coming?"

"Yes, I am a bit worried."

"What happened?"

"If you are scared of someone, what does it mean?"

"Did they do something?"

"No," she said sadly.

"Then why are you scared?"

Without thinking, Naina said, "Because she's beautiful."

"Naina? (laughing) That's not fear; it's nervousness because you find that person attractive."

"Attractive? Why? What's so special about her?"

"You said she's beautiful, so that's why."

"Do beautiful people work like magnets that attract me?"

Teena, looking at her crush, said, "Look at my magnet, ma'am. This could happen to you too."

"What? A crush? That doesn't happen. I just saw her once, and... okay, bye, I'm leaving."

Teena suggested, "Try talking to her today."

"Okay."

As soon as Naina entered the class, she saw Aahan.

Aahan said, "Where were you? Listen, today this lecture will be empty. We can play in the garden; the PT teacher is taking us there."

Naina asked, "Did you ever have a crush? Were you scared of your crush too?"

"Scared of a crush? What's happening today? Do you want to talk about old things?"

"Hmm, tell me."

"My first crush was you. Then, when I felt I wouldn't find you, I saw Lalita ma'am. She visited my class once, and it felt like everything had stopped." (smiling)

"You too..."

"What about you? Did you have a crush?"

"No, I mean... nothing. So, what happened next?"

"I wrote her a letter, gave her a gift and flowers. I don't know; seeing her smile felt good. Ma'am never got angry. She always says love is very innocent; it can happen with anyone."

"Aahan, let's study. We're in 12th grade, and board exams are coming. After that, we'll go for career counseling. We'll be going to college soon."

"Okay, hey, weren't we supposed to go for a movie today?"

"No, I canceled it."

Naina started studying. As she passed her exams, she stopped talking to Aahan too. She was focused on her exam preparations. Aahan also got immersed in his studies. Teena messaged her:

"How's the preparation going? It's been a week since you came to my class."

"Teena, I'm preparing for exams. We can meet after the exams."

"Okay, take care."

Naina looked out of the window and saw the sunset. Meera's car was visible; maybe she came home early today.

After three months, exams arrived. Naina had a high fever. Aahan came to Naina's house.

"Aunty, how is Naina feeling?"

"She's okay, but she has an exam tomorrow. I don't know if she can appear for it or not."

"Why? She's very courageous. I'm sure she'll give the exam."

"Meera came home early today. She visited Naina yesterday, but Naina was already asleep while studying."

Aahan called out to Meera, who came outside.

"What happened, Aahan?"

"Naina isn't feeling well. Let's go meet her."

Meera said, "Aahan, focus on your exam; I'll take care of Naina."

Aahan, in anger, said, "Dee, Naina needs me."

Meera replied, "Naina needs rest. You go, understand?"

Aahan went outside. He was angry at Meera, but he knew Meera was doing the right thing. He started reading his books.

Naina spoke softly, "You can also go; I feel sleepy."

"Where is your phone?"

"Why?"

Meera took Naina's phone. It wasn't locked. Meera opened WhatsApp and unblocked herself.

"What's this?"

"I didn't want to be distracted during my studies."

"Am I distracting you?"

"Hmm." (Turning her face away)

Meera began playfully tickling Naina's belly, eliciting giggles from her, and Naina started laughing.

Naina, in a child's voice, said, "Move away, Meera."

"Oh, my baby! You got sick. I talked to the doctor, and you'll be fine soon. Here's a pen for you. Do your best." (Handing Naina a pen)

Naina smiled and said, "Thanks."

Meera also gave a small smile and opened her book.

"Where's the note from the book, Naina?"

Naina remembered that she had drawn many hearts on that note. Trying to hide her face, she said, "Where did it go?"

Meera didn't say anything and left. The next day, Naina was feeling better. Aahan and Naina went out together. This routine continued for 15 days until Naina's exams were over. Naina, Aahan, and Teena were celebrating with pani-puri.

Naina said, "Aahan, it feels so relaxing."

Teena said, "Don't talk about exams; the papers were very tough."

Naina and Aahan were laughing when Meera's black car pulled up.

Naina asked, "Does Meera have a boyfriend, Aahan? She's always busy with work."

"Aren't her demands too high? The most handsome boy in college proposed to her, but she rejected him."

Teena said, "Then, your sister must be very beautiful."

"No, in the class, she used to have a best friend, Sahnaaz. They had a fight over something, and since then, Dee doesn't want to make friends with people."

Naina, sipping pani-puri water, said, "But she's my good friend."

Aahan, giving money to the pani-puri vendor, said, "Dee is older than you. She might consider you a younger sister."

Naina, innocently looking at Teena, asked, "Is there a rule that we can't be friends with those younger than us?"

Teena, walking away, said, "Maybe Aahan is right. How can you make friends with people younger than you?"

Naina said, "Hmm, he's right."