12. What actually happened

Hiii!
This chapter is probably the most awaited one...took a long time...tried giving my best...hope you like it....do vote and please comment on this one...do tell whether you liked it or not...what can i do better and any suggestions for the story...will wait for the inline comments
Happy reading!

Anu: (hesitantly) If you are okay then you can tell us what actually happened

All look towards Nush as if she did a crime

Av: O hn....main to bhool hi gyi thi

Ro: Pehle room mein to chlo

All reach Avni's room and settle down

*Flashback*
(Third person's POV)

Avni's classmates - Alec, Amy, Roohi Elena, Ben, and Sid

Currently Roohi and Sid are not in South Africa and the others have planned to watch Ind vs SA match

On the day of match

Avni had some work so she was gonna join them a little late

Elena: Guys...its so boring here

Alec gives the "told you" expression to Ben

Amy: I have an idea

Alec:(rolls his eyes) What now

Amy: Lets prank Avni (gives the evil grin)

Ben: Why are you behind her?

Amy: Why are you getting so prickly? Hey... do you like her?

Ben: WHATT...NO...WHY WOULD I LIKE HER...Why would anybody like her...you know what let's do it

Elena: That's like our boy

Alec: What are we doing?

They discuss and Amy calls Avni

Amy: Avnii....where are you babe?

Av: Will reach there in 5 mins

Amy: Can you come to the restroom in block A...my dress has some issue

Av: Oh sure

Amy: Guys we have 5 mins...lets go

Avni reaches block A and enters the restroom
Av: Amy...are you here?...Amy

Meanwhile the group locks the door of restroom

Av : Anyone in here?...Amyy...(thinks maybe i came in the wrong one...tries opening the door of restroom)

Av: Abhi to khula tha ye... suddenly band kaise hogya (frowns)

Avni applied force to open the door but no luck...she knocked vigorously...Her concern grew. She frantically jiggled the handle...

Av : Hello, someone, please open the door!

As time passed, Avni's worry deepened. "I don't know what's happening, but this is not cool!" she exclaimed, pounding on the door.

Av: (screams) Anyone out there.... please open the door...I am struck here

Meanwhile the group exited the building without a second thought, the echo of their laughter lingering behind.

All of a sudden...Avni started feeling heat and smelling smoke in the restroom....Concern etched across her face, she hesitated before reaching for the handle...panic crept in, and a growing sense of anxiety slowly took hold of Avni...she banged the door.... screaming " Please open the door...anyone out there....AND THE DOOR OPENS....but there was no one...but a thick smoke...(scared), she tried to find a way out, but everything looked hazy, and she couldn't see clearly. Coughing, she covered her mouth and tried to escape, but the building seemed confusing and dangerous now....her eyes caught....a child 4-5 year old crying for help inside the cabin full of flames and smoke...

As soon as she saw that a wave of anxiety washed over her. In that moment, a haunting flashback enveloped her mind—a vivid memory of herself, a child, engulfed in flames, desperately calling for her parents. The present and past intertwined, intensifying Avni's fear and sense of helplessness but she  pushed aside her own fears and anxieties, took a deep breath...she knew she had to rescue the kid...

Avni moved towards the glass-walled cabin...the thick smoke inside blurred her vision, and the eerie crackling of flames intensified as she reached the door. Instinctively, she scanned the room, found a small stool...and smashed it against the glass...The shattering sound echoed as the pane fractured, allowing fresh air to rush in... Avni swiftly moved towards the kid, but the flames grew higher...her heart pounding with each step.The tall bookshelves and a cupboard looked like they might fall any moment. A falling bookshelf made her quickly step back...and in the process, she almost collided with a table, injuring her head.

As she reached near the kid...she realised the kid is none other than Samaira...her favourite cricketer's daughter...Rohit Sharma's daughter...but there was no time to think about that.

Avni noticed the distress in the little girl's eyes. Samaira, tearful and scared, managed to convey through sobs thar her dress is struck..Avni's heart sank at the sight.. she freed her dress and cradled her into her arms...she surveyed the room for an escape route. Through the thick smoke, she spotted a window.

Navigating through the smoke-filled room, she stumbled over a fallen object..causing her to lose balance..and in her attempt to shield Sammy, Avni's hand got burnt, and she winced in pain...But she moved towards the window, her eyes scanning the room for any potential means to unlock it...Spotting a chair nearby, she, despite the searing pain in her burnt hand, grabbed it and swung it forcefully at the window.

With Samaira still in her arms, Avni assessed the escape. The flames had intensified, the heat growing unbearable. Making a split-second decision, Avni knew they had to jump. The height was considerable, and the landing would be harsh.

In the daring leap, Avni shielded Samaira as they descended. The impact sent a jolt through her already aching leg, and pain shot through her body. The burns on her hand stung, but Avni focused on ensuring Samaira's safety.

Av: Are you ok bachaa ?? Kahi lagi to nahi ? Kahi pain ho raha hai aapko?

Sammy nodded in no but with tearful eyes....Mumma...dada ke paas jana hai...

Av: Main apko mumma dada ke paas leke jaungi... promise...ok...(hugs her)

Emotions surged within Avni — a mix of relief, pain, and an unspoken connection with Samaira, whose tearful eyes mirrored a newfound trust. The shared experience of escaping the fire had created an unspoken bond, a connection forged through adversity. Avni, despite her injuries, found strength in protecting Samaira, while the child clung to Avni for comfort and security.

The main entrance of the stadium was engulfed in mayhem, prompting them to look for an alternative escape route. In the midst of confusion, Avni noticed a small gate that seemed less crowded....they made their way through the chaos, using the that gate to exit the stadium. Moved by empathy, a few kind-hearted individuals stepped forward to help. They offered support, guiding Avni and Sammy towards the nearest hospital.

*Flashback over *

Everyone in the room was left in stunned silence. Their expressions mirrored a collective sense of dread and disbelief. Eyes widened, mouths agape, fear painted across their faces as they dealt with the unimaginable details of the escape.

As Avni shared the details, she didn't just talk about surviving; she also wrapped a warm feeling of thanks and strength around them. It connected their lives in a way that spoke silently about how moments can be fragile yet powerful at the same time.

Ritsy clasped Avni's hand, expressing a depth of gratitude that words struggled to convey.

Thats it for this chapter
Hope you like it
Do tell whether you are liking the story or not...as that is the motivation for writing ahead..
Ritsy-Anu's manaofy session in nextt one
Byee