Old meets New

Hours go by and Sampson still hasn't found any sign of civilization just a little island here and there. In the meantime she was doing a quick inspection of her rigging, to make sure everything was in order.

After a few hours of sailing with a little rest on deserted islands now and again, she gets a message on the Radio.

???: Convoy *static* under attack by siren planes at *static* requesting immediate aid *static*

Sampson: huh? Nobody's had to deal with the sirens for decades except for JPJ and I'm sure those were the only ones. Guess I was wrong, well I should help them.

Sampson tracks where the message came from and immediately sails full speed to the coordinates, readying her weapons on the way.

At the convoy things are looking dire, the siren planes have severely damaged the whole convoy it looks like the end until...

KABOOM

one of the siren planes explodes and a stream of tracers appears from the smoke

Sampson: You damn sirens have gotten the drop on me once, this time I won't hold back. Firing CIWS

The crew of the merchant ships watch in awe as this one ship girl who just showed up out of nowhere and turns the tide of a desperate battle in seconds. 

After all the planes are shot down Sampson boards one of the ships to see if everyone is ok. Immediately after boarding she's approached by a female sailor, presumably the captain.

Sampson: Hi there is everyone ok

Captain: yes a lot of people were injured but nobody is dead and none of our ships sunk, thanks to you.

Sampson: it was nothing, I heard your distress call and came as quick as I could.

Captain: so what re you doing here all by yourself, I thought most Azur Lane Kansens we're gathering at the new base.

Sampson: Azur lane? Sorry I've never heard of that before.

Captain: huh did you bump your head or something? Azur lane was alliance that humanity created to fight the sirens.

Sampson realizing the awkward situation she was in decided to play along.

Sampson: oh yeah sorry I just got confused. Uh quick question, any chance you could give me a sense of where I am, I'm kinda lost.

Captain: oh, you're in the Caribbean Sea, New York is a few hundred miles that way. *points to the Northwest* Here's a map if you need it.

Sampson: ok *takes the map* thanks bye

Captain: bye thanks again for helping us...

Sampson: Sampson. USS Sampson. *sails away*

Sampson: ok according to this map I'm somewhere in near Port Royal. From here I either continue to go somewhere aimlessly or Head to New York like that lady said I should... New York it is.

Azur lane POV

Vestal: Is everyone here ready to depart, this could be a violent battle, please use caution.

Enterprise: I will don't worry. Everything is set we can go now.

Hornet: Hey Enty

Enterprise: oh hello Hornet, how's Yorktown doing?

Hornet: still the same.

Enterprise: *sigh*

Hornet: whoops * lifts up Enterprises skirt*

Enterprise: HEY I SAID TO STOP DOING THAT!!!!

Hornet: and I ignored you. Moving on though just got a strange message from a merchant convoy in the Caribbean

Enterprise: what kind of message?

Hornet: some lone ship girl saving them from sirens all on her own.

Vestal: huh, there's not supposed to be any patrols in that area.

Hornet: also they said she was like nothing they'd ever seen before. The captain even thought she was some kind of new experimental vessel.

Enterprise: huh I have a feeling this girl will show herself again soon. Anyway we're all ready to go, keep a lookout for this mysterious Kansen on the way.

Sampsons perspective

As Sampson thought about it more the more she realized that convoy looked old, like ww2 old, was this some kind of joke or something else. She decided when she reached New York she wouldn't make herself known right away.

Then she noticed several dots on the radar sailing past and decided to follow them for some reason. Getting close enough to use binoculars, she saw several warships in the distance, but like the merchant convoy they were very old looking.

Hacking into their communications she manages to over hear them talking about random things. Until after about an hour she here's something that makes her blood run cold.

???: Hey big sis I you know that mysterious ship girl I told you about earlier, I think I see her, theres someone who matches the description the convoy gave us.

???: I see her.

Sampson: oh no I got too close.

Azur lane POV

Everyone in the fleet was now looking through binoculars to where Hornet was pointing at and saw a weird looking ship in the horizon

Vestal: I see it too, that design is very unusual.

Hornet: yeah it looks like a battleship, but with just one destroyer gun, what a waste of deck space.

Enterprise: I'll launch some patrol planes to get a closer look.

Hornet: oh yeah I'll send some of mine.

Sampson sees the aircraft coming and readys her CIWS and Surface to Air Missiles, the realizes she might need them for something in the future, so instead she scrambled to a manned machine gun, and opens up.

Hammonn: Hey she just shot down your planes

Arizona: should we engage?

Enterprise: no shes probably just afraid. Try sending a radio message to her.

Sampson received the message and decides to take her chances to her surprise everyone was very kind to her and asked where she was from, when she explained her situation it surprised them but they decided to bring her back to New York to ask some more questions.

Sampson was ok with that, thing could've been so much worse after all.