abg

early 2022, 1st year

you're currently in a classroom of a chemistry tutoring service that helps students in science/pre-med affiliated majors. there weren't a lot of students, but there's maybe around 15-20 people asking for the same help as you.

it was kind of embarrassing in a way to be paying ¥20,000 for a tutoring service, but you needed all of the help you can get. some part of you wished suna was in here with you but unfortunately, he couldn't due to conflicting schedules because of his practice.

this led to you not socializing with anyone because who has time for that when in reality, you're just trying to understand the concept from recent lectures.

so right now, a graduate student was up front trying to re-teach a lecture from today in your chemistry class. he would ask questions every now and then which you would silently answer and thank goodness, you got it right.

it was at the end of the tutoring session and you racked up enough confidence to maybe raise your hand to answer a question the grad student was asking.

"could anyone tell me what the answer to this is?" he asked with a genuine smile as he looked around the class.

you raised your hand somewhat confidently and he picked on you, "[answer], i think." you responded.

the grad student shook his head politely, "sorry y/n, but that isn't the right answer," he said with a nice smile, "should i explain it to everyone—"

he was interrupted by another raised hand on the other side of the classroom. it was one of the smarter girls in the tutoring session. her hand was raised very confidently after looking back and forth on her ipad.

"yes, hana?"

"it's [correct answer]." she said.

"correct!" the grad student turned to the rest of the students, "did everyone get that?"

you saw her kinda smirked at you.

everyone nodded their heads aimlessly, including you. you still didn't get it but you weren't going to admit that now. especially when you're kinda embarrassed that you got the answer wrong.

the grad student wrapped up the session and bid his goodbyes. you took longer than usual to get your stuff situated then left the classroom. once you started to leave, you recognized the girl, hana. she's in your chem lecture with suna who would say hi to him every now and then. you thought maybe you should befriend her and ask for extra help.

well you were, until...

"how could she get that question wrong, like come on?" she said with a hint of negativity, "that was the easiest question in the entire session." hana turned to her friend.