feels weird

early 2022, 1st year

you arrived at the chemistry lecture room a bit earlier today so it was only you at first and suna will catch up in a few minutes. as the professor was getting her things ready, you got your ipad and pencil out and started to get your notes ready as well.

you were seated near the middle so you had a good view of each door that leads inside. you didn't think much of it, however, a certain brunette caught your attention.

it was suna talking to hana at the doors. they weren't flirting or anything like that, but they did look like close friends. your eyes widened at the sight and you got a tiny bit angry and insecure. nevertheless, you dismissed it.

well, now this is awkward. now you can't talk about how it was hana who called you an idiot two days ago. even though you knew suna and you were the best of friends, it wasn't fair for him to pick sides. this situation was just going to end here.

as he made his way up to you, he gave you a smile as he quickly patted your head out of affection.

"who was that?" you asked, acting like you had no clue on who she is and she wasn't the bitch who called you stupid.

"who?"

you jerked your chin towards her, "the girl you were talking to."

suna looked at the direction, "oh her? that's hana. she's a friend," he explained, "one of my friends from the team is friends with her so she goes to practices somewhat frequently."

of course she does, you thought to yourself.

the professor began her lecture and the two of you took notes accordingly. sparing glances at each other's ipad every now and then. however, you couldn't really get the fact that he's friends with her out of your head.

would he stop being her friend if you told him what she said? wouldn't that be a little bit unfair? in your opinion, it'd be somewhat fucked up if you changed his perspective of a friend just because of what happened to you. but suna's your best friend, shouldn't he stop being her friend the second she talked bad about you?

lots of questions flowed through your mind.

"is she nice?" you said, suddenly.

suna raised a brow at you, "hana?"

"yeah."

"she's kind," he explained, "from the times we've talked, she's super nice to me."

you stopped the questions for now. you had to pay attention to this lecture so that in your next tutoring session, you wouldn't be called an idiot. not like you cared that she called you an idiot but your pride says otherwise.

you asked another question again without even thinking, "ya like her?"

suna was taken aback by the sudden bluntness of your question. he shook his head with a laugh and continued his notes, "what is up with you, huh?"