Eternal Devotion

This is the short story projected i made for my reading and writing subject in second semester (Grade 11). This is the last draft before i revised it in MS word.

Eternal Devotion by: Joan N. Tamayo (Hazelnuttsu)

Disclaimer: This story is purely fictional.

Inspired by: Moriarty the Patriot, Black Butler, Heaven Official's Blessing (If you watched and read all these, you'll understand how i made the plot)

-------

"She's a mortal and you're immortal, and you'll wait for her two hundred years later. Are you sure she is what you want?''

"If her wish is to die, then my wish is her. Father, i will wait, no matter what.''

The sound of various vehicles, pedestrians chattering and a blender mixing. She slowly opens and rubbed her eyes. When she got to her senses, she realized that she fell asleep in a cafe. She sat alone and next to the glass window.

"Here's your black forest frappe ma'am, that'll be ten pounds'' A worker next to the cashier register, gave the chocolate drink topped with whipped cream and cherry to a woman around her thirties. The woman paid and thanked the worker who gave a sweet smile as response. "Please come again'' She bowed her head to which the lady nodded and left.

The girl next to the window sighed and rested her cheek on her hand, looking on the glass window with a double-decker bus, tall building, a traffick sign and people running their errands. "I just arrived in London three months ago, sometimes when people say the word pound, i always think of weight instead of the currecy"

She recalled an embarassing memory of her second day in london, when her aunt asked her how much pounds does she have. Only for her to reply her exact weight, when the "pound'' in context was how much money she has in her wallet. Pound sterling was the currency of the United Kingdom.

In the middle of overthinking, her eyes noticed a pigeon landing on the table, just right next to the flower vase. The cafe she was in was a mix of modern and traditional architecture. There were two glass windows next to her, one was open to which the pigeon used to enter.

Pigeons have unparalleled beauty, but there was something odd about this pigeon. The girl stared at the pigeon's bright crimson eyes. It stared back to her, as if the pigeon was trying to relay her a message. 

"Hazel, which table are you in?''

A female's voice broke the silence between the girl and the pigeon. The pigeon didn't hesitate to flap its wings and fly way, glancing at the girl one last time with its unique eyes before disappearing.

"Hazel? Hellooo? Earth to Hazel?'' The female sat beside her "Ah, Vanny, you're here" The girl's name was Hazel and the one next to her was Vannessa. The two met on her first day in London, and now the two became close. Vannessa's name was long, people tend to call her Van but Hazel called her differently.

"Yeah, i made sure to put my makeup differently and wore sunglasses. I can't let people know that the marquesses daughter is out with no bodyguard" Vannessa removed her hat but not her gucci glasses. Vannessa was born from noble blood, although british nobles aren't really "important'' in modern times, their offsprings are still expected to follow family traditions.

When Hazel first met Vannessa, she was unaware of her noble descent and treated her equally. Before coming to England, she barely paid attention about the country's nobility and focused on surviving. Vannessa immediately clung to her like a leech, being a noblewoman made her fear of people becoming too friendly because of her social rank.

"Mhm, it suits you. Anyway why did you call me here?" Vannessa removed her phone from her prada sling bag. "Hey wait, didn't your mom bought you an iphone 13 a month ago and now you have-" Hazel halt mid sentence with a groan. Vannessa giggled at her reaction "I gave it to my cousin, his previous phone's screen cracked into puzzle pieces"