9

He made his way to his mom's room in the morning. They hadn't spoken since the previous night.

"Hey mom, good morning," he greeted, noticing her packing her belongings.

"Good morning," she replied, her attention was on organizing her luggage, she had a flight to catch.

"I'll drop you at the airport," he offered,he knew she was upset.

"Please don't bother, main chali jaungi," she replied, declining his offer

"Feeling better now?" she asked next.

"Yeah,Ofcourse, why did you ask that?" he inquired.

"Yesterday, you suddenly went to your room enen though we had a guest.... Do you think I made things awkward by bringing Sameera into the picture?"  She asked, Sidharth didn't feel the need to answer.

"Honestly, I called her to inquire about any models she might know... She offered to walk the ramp and even offered to help with organizing the fundraiser... And please don't question why I called her,you two ended your relationship, we didn't and we also had a connection and she is really close to me." his mother clarified.

"Mom, please, let's drop it. I am not involved in to, and I would rather not discuss it.... you decide to fund so its completely your call." he responded, fully aware of his mom's unapologetic nature and her tendency to do as she pleased.

"Alright,but can I ask you for one favor?" she inquired.

"What is it,?" he responded.

"Could you please...?" She was saying when Sidharth guessed what she might say.

"Mom, I don't have time for this. I can't get involved in anyway." he straightforwardly replied,as he suspected that his mom might be scheming to reunite him and Sameera through this.

"Sidharth, I just want you to assign someone responsible to guide Shehnaaz? She will be sending the cost sheet, and I want to ensure she gets the funds on time, waise bhi bohat kam time hai." his mom requested. His initial instinct was to deny doing anything which involves Sameera, but he couldn't deny after listening the name ' Shehnaaz'.

"Yeah... , but don't expect anything more from me." he responded.

"Yeah... alright... One last thing, may I ask you?" she started, her voice had a different tone, the one she used when she wants to persuade someone to agree with her.

"Go ahead, mom," he responded, bracing himself for what was to come.

"Please consider giving another chance to your relationship. I never asked you about the reasons behind your breakup, and your relationship didn't last that long just like that,You two truly are made for each other, and beta, 12 years is a long time," she said in a pleading tone and stopped abruptly, his mother never flinched but as she did,he knew some really awkward things were going to follow.

"Having issues in your intimate life is pretty normal after being together for so long. It's natural to get bored,you know...Both of you could think about consulting a doctor or therapist to address this. Even dad had issues, but when..." she said, and Sidharth abruptly cut her off, having no interest in hearing more about it.

"Mom, I appreciate your concern for me. But at 32, I believe I am mature enough to decide what I want to do with my life and how to handle my issues," he replied, his voice was firm but his inside was filled with awkwardness. He never had hatred towards Sameera, but he was genuinely furious with her for discussion such intimate details with his mother.

"Sidharth... but..." She again tried to talk to him.

"I didn't ask why you involved Sameera in the fundraiser without consulting me when you were asking about how much we should fund Shehnaaz. I could have declined to get involved, but I didn't. Let's not overstep boundaries, Mom," he said, then instantly regretted his words and approached her, giving her a hug."Ok.. I am sorry... I didn't mean to be harsh, but this conversation won't lead us anywhere. Let's just not discuss this" he said.