1

-Y/n Pov-

I sighed in frustration as I dumped out the contents of her backpack for what felt like the hundredth time.

Nothing was working - no matter what spells or rituals I tried, HE would not come. The woods remained as empty and silent as ever.

I'd seen the news reports of the latest victims, found mangled and bleeding in the same clearing I now stood in.

Their frightened pleas and wailing families only fueled my obsession further. Why them and not me? What made them so special?

My sister Charly begged me every night to give it up, that I was wasting my time and risking my life.

Obviously no matter what I wouldn't listen. I was going to make contact no matter what it took.

Char doesn't understand my devotion, I need to prove myself worthy of HIS attention.

That night, exhausted from lack of sleep but unwilling to abandon my vigil, I arranged a new pattern of stones and animal bones by firelight.

This time would be different, I could feel it. As the incantation flowed off my tongue, the flames rose higher, fueled by her desperation.

When the last syllable faded into silence once more, tears of rage and disappointment welled in my eyes.

I kicked over the remnants of my summoning setup, not caring as instruments shattered.

A bloody footprint marked where i'd stumbled away into the dark woods, lost in thoughts of Him.

I had to keep trying, no matter what Char or the doubters said.

HE was out there, and HE would answer my call someday. I could feel our fates were intertwined - I just had to make Him see it too.

Even if its kills me...

Next time, things would be different. Next time, He would come.

 Next time, He would come

-Slender-Obsession-

-Y/n Pov-

I finally got home and my sister was in the living room. She jumped at the sound of me slamming the door.

Char-another unsuccessful attempt-

Y-shut up. Ill find him. I just gotta look harder. Its me that's doing it wrong. He wants something I just know it. I won't stop until I find it.

Char-Its killing you sister. Ur obsessed with this monster thats a murderer. He's killing people.

Y-Good riddance maybe its about time. Less assholes or greedy humans. Don't u see? He wants us to know who's in control.