Rain Breathing

Rain Breathing derives from Thunder Breathing

This style mainly focuses on rapid breaths and quick slashes to decapitate the enemy as fast as they can.

Weapon: Two thin Nichirin swords

Color: Grey

Demon Slayer Mark:

Demon Slayer Mark:

User: Kirisame Locklear

Forms: 8

First Form: Pit-a-Pat- Using short and rapid breaths in a rhythmic order the user of the breath makes small yet deep and strong slashes to the main vitals and blood pressure points of the body in order for the opponent to lose a lot of blood. The rhythm of the attack should be Pit-a-pat making two small slashes or steps and them tying it all together with the last and main slash.

Second Form: Wind Direction- Wind Direction is sometimes known as wind Misdirection due to user seemingly slashing to a certain point but at the last moment changing to slash at a different point. Breathing should be rhythmic, usually a short rapid breath in the middle when changing the direction since it uses a lot of force. The movement is usually aimed at the torso changing direction to cut upwards towards the chin.

Third Form: Drizzle - 'Drizzle' is similar to pit a pat but not as rhythmic nor as accurate. Drizzle may sound calm but it is a flurry of small slashes sent towards either the whole body or only one part of the body. These blows are usually actually delivered by the tip of the blade as it comes in contact with the body. A good Breath of Rain user should be able to control it so that the blade does not need to be swung violently to deliver the slashes but instead using less force but with much more promising results. The 'drizzle' in the name represents what should happen with the blood as the user cuts the opponent. Similar to pit a pat, it may seem useless but it only takes a few flurries for you to realize how much blood you are actually losing.

Fourth Form: Frozen Droplet- This movement is a particularly strange one out of every single breathing style there is, this actually requires the hilt of the blade. The user dashes forward as fast as possible moving in unpredictable and strange directions. They go for a false strike seemingly missing the opponent instead while behind them, quickly and efficiently using it. The hilt of the blade to strike the backside of the neck knocking the opponent out or at least freezing them for a moment. This is less of an active attack but instead more of a passive attack to be able to stun the enemy and go for a single harsh slash with their sword.

Fifth Form: Haze- This is a very technical and speedy movement due to users of Rain usually focusing on speed and small yet effort I've attacks rather than bigger and stronger swings. This movement requires the user to move in a circular formation, chaotically swinging towards the enemy seemingly desperate to land a hit but it is actually not as it seems. The user must not actually cut the enemy but instead make a one to two centimeters away from the actual enemy trapping them in a cage of slashes. This string of movements are designed to confuse and panic the enemy seeing as they don't know exactly what is going to happen next. After initially trapping them in the flurry of slashes, the user must use a forceful slash to bring all the separate slashes towards the enemy. This attack will come from all directions due to the cage of slashes though it may not exactly hit the neck.

Sixth Form: Icy Rain- Icy rain is one of the more advanced moves in the Breathing style. This required the user to jab into the enemy and twist their blades around cutting the meat around the actual jab. This is supposed to be used quickly and effectively. There is not much more to their move but it is more advanced due to the modifications on the blade itself, users of this Breathing style usually have their blades modified to be thin and flexible, being able to easily make cuts in the flesh. Therefore keeping the blade extremely straight in order to effectively jab it into the flesh of the opponents can be difficult and may even be dangerous to the user themselves because of the recoil.

Seventh Form: Dancing in the Rain- Dancing in the rain requires a very calm and focused user to be able to use this particular move. The user must 'listen' very closely to the droplets of water falling into the 'lake'. The droplet is their sword and the lake is their mind and soul making so that the person becomes one with their weapon. Becoming one with their weapon is quite difficult to master especially in stressful situations. Once the weapon and the user has connected they are able to hear the rhythm and the music within the lullaby the rain makes, they should start moving rhythmically towards their enemy with their eyes closed as if they were dancing on water. Their moves should be delicate and soft as not to fall into the lake as they speed towards the enemy. As they reach the enemy they should make one big slash at their necks, this slash is delicate yet highly destructive getting rid of anything in its path as the dance ends with the users deeply breathing in and out, disconnecting from their inner thoughts.

Eighth Form: Typhoon- The last form in the breathing style is called Hurricane. The move requires dancing like twirling movements but at extremely high speeds as if a storm is coming in. The user should launch themselves as high as they can into the air and then start twirling in the air using the momentum of their jump as they fall down towards the ground. This is an attack from above. As the user is spinning down, using their flexible and sharp blade they should aim for absolute accuracy towards the neck of the opponent completely slicing it off with no pain and suffering as if the skin and the bone were tofu. This is done by using the momentum and force of the fall and forcing and focusing it onto the contact point between the blade and the enemy.