Chapter 3: Little One

Going back to goals 
Goal: 2 comments and 3 votes

The word rang out around the forest, vibrating off tree trunks and rattling branches. Despite being a terrifying volume, I felt my ears perk up as if trying to take in every ounce of sound possible. The rain and coconut smell got stronger and, despite the pain, I found my head moving up to find the source.

My eyes widened. The most handsome man I'd ever seen was standing not twenty feet away from me. I felt my eyes widening as I took in his tall, tan, and muscular frame. He was shirtless, letting me take in a jaw dropping six pack and a v-line leading down to his basketball shorts. He had a mop of brown, slightly curly hair that reminded me of a stuffed animal I faintly remember from my childhood. The strong muscles in his chest and shoulders were tense as he took in the sight of the clearing with the other man, the wolves, and I. It seemed as if I were invisible at first, his eyes not quite seeing me behind these much larger figures. Then, his eyes land on me. Oh Goddess, his eyes. . . They were a forest green, reminding me of summer time. With his eyes on me, I noticed his muscles visibly relax. There was a power around him, stronger than the other man. I knew this power. He's an Alpha. I saw the other man and the wolves nod their heads in respect. I knew I should do the same but I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. His power was intimidating and. . . scary. I'm scared. This man. . . The most beautiful man I've ever seen. . . He's going to kill me. I wandered on to his territory and now I was going to pay the ultimate price.

"Alpha," the other man acknowledged him, confirming what I already knew. The Alpha's eyes flickered to the other man before quickly going back to me. His gaze was so intense, my stomach started to churn. I was pretty good at reading people; in his gaze I could make out curiosity, worry, frustration, and. . . Damn, there was something else swimming in his forest gaze but I couldn't quite figure it out. If I wasn't more concerned with my inevitable death I'd be annoyed that I couldn't figure it out. Just as he started walking closer, another wave of pain decided to ripple through my body. I found myself involuntarily letting out another loud howl. The pain went on for what felt like forever, by the time it passed my throat was sore from the howling. The concern in the Alpha's gaze grew.

"Jared," the Alpha's eyes once again briefly flickered to the other man, Jared I suppose. I too looked to Jared, a slight fear had entered his eyes. Why? A growl left the Alpha's mouth. That's why. "What's wrong with her," his words vibrated with his continuing growl.

"I don't know. She's been like this since we found her." The Alpha growled again. "We smelled her maybe twenty minutes ago? Once we located her, I tried to get her to shift. I thought she was faking it. . ." The Alpha's gaze was too intense. I tried scooting back despite knowing it was futile. I accepted the pain with a loud whimper. "Xavier, she's your. . . I'm sorry, we didn't know I swear." What were they talking about? I lost track. In fact, all I really caught was. . . Xavier. A hot name for a hot man. I looked him up and down again. The name fit him. "Maybe we should get one of the healers over here?" A healer? They were going to help me. . . I was just some rogue. I didn't. . . Why would they. . .

Alpha Xavier took in a deep breath, his tensing shoulders relaxing ever so slightly. "She's mine," he growled lowly. What the fuck was that suppose to mean? Jared and the wolves got up, backing away from me. Oh Goddess, they're handing me over to him. They're not getting a healer. I'm fucking dead. I cower in fear.

"I know, Alpha. That's why we need to get Zay or someone. I know your mind is very clouded right now but she's hurt. We've been here long enough for her to be at least partially healed but she still looks. . . Xavier, we-"

"I know!" Jared and I both flinched. "Don't say another word. I'm deciding how to handle this. Leave, all of you. I'll mindlink you if I need you. For now, let Zay know we'll be on our way." Who was this Zay they kept mentioning? Was he a healer? Was I actually going to get out of here alive? Or maybe Zay is some kind of brutal torturer and this was all a front. I feel my head spin with all the possibilities. Jared and the two wolves left, leaving me with Alpha Xavier.