cosy pyjamas

Jason's pov

"And in other news the joker has gone on yet another murderous rampage, claiming the lives of over a dozen people. The joker was found-"

Suddenly the tv switched to black. I turned around to see roy holding a remote with a disapproving face.

"Da hell are you doing!" I stood up angrily.

"You can't be watching anything with mention of you know who" he whisper-yelled "Caroline could be listening"

"I didn't think of that" I looked away guiltily.

"When you better start thinking" he jabbed my chest angrily "I don't care what you do in your own time but don't drag her into it. She's been through enough"

"You're right" I placed my hands on his shoulders "I'm sorry"

"Well as long as you know" he placed his hand on mine with a smile. For a moment we stared into each others eyes. Being so close just felt natural. For some reason I just wanted to-

"Daddies" we froze at the sound of our daughter's voice. I looked over to see her in cute pink pyjamas.

"Well aren't you just the cutest little girl" I bent down to her level "do you like your pyjamas princess?"

"Yeah!" She bounced about happily "I was thinking we could have a sleepover"

"A sleepover sweetheart?" I tilted my head.

"Yeah I've seen it on TV" she explained "we get into pyjamas, get snacks and watch TV all night"

"Oh I don't know-"

"Sounds perfect princess" roy cut me off "me and daddy will get changed"

"Roy I don't have any Pyjamas to wear" I whisper yelled as he shoved me into his bedroom.

"It's fine. I've got some for you" he threw me a pair.

"And why do you have pyjamas for me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well I always knew I'd talk you into staying for a night" he winked at me before taking his shirt off "come on our daughter's waiting for us"

I stared at him for a moment before turning away with a flustered blush and putting my pyjamas on. Damn that Roy. What's he doing to me?

So we ended up staying up half the night with snacks and tv until Caroline passed out. We carried her to bed and stayed up watching TV together. Is this what it's like to have a family?