Chapter 2

✟ 𝙀𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧 ✟

"Pass the salt please Love."

"Dad I was about to use that"

"Too late."

I rolled my eyes, tucking into my dinner. Dad had made a roast with mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding, and his excellent gravy.

"This is really good." Dad said to himself

"Yeah, yeah we get it. You can cook." Mom grinned.

"You know you like it." Dad winked at Mom while I watched in disgust.

"I really do" mom said grinning at dad.

"Gross guys. Save it for when your child isn't right here."

"Geeze okay romance police." Dad put his hands up in defence.

"Who even raised you?"

"You mom. You raised me."

She tilted her head "I guess."

I ate, listening to Mom and Dad talk about different things they needed to do government wise. Most of the time I had no problem with my parents being the ones making shit tons of decisions. Sometimes though, I wish they didn't have to carry all of that. I see how it affects my mom. As much as she likes to believe I don't know she's stressed, I can feel it radiating off of her.

"So Ethan" I looked up at Mom "Why did you force your dad to take you to the mall?"

"He was getting clothes for Kishimoto's daughter. He asked me to come to cover more ground."

Mom's eyebrows shot up "For Olivia?"

"Yeah." I replied

Her hand shot out, grabbing her phone. Grinning, she asked "Are you two together?"

"What? No."

"Thank god." Dad put his fork and knife down sighing. "I love another day not being related to Kenji in anyway shape or form."

"Oh well okay." Mom slowly put her phone back down on the table.

I raised an eyebrow. Did mom want me to date Olivia?

"I'm going up to my room"

"Okay kid. Love you."

"Love you too dad."