Chapter 1 - A Map

(A/N: Just wanted to say, even though the beginning of El Dorado is a beautiful work of animation and really helps to give a clear picture to the audience why it's so amazing as well as a little foreshadowing on Tulio and Miguel later being mistaken for Gods, I have no way of conveying it into words. It is very much a visual experience, with beautiful music by Elton John. So, enjoy the video on top while I start after the song.)

(Also, just one last comment. I HAD NO IDEA THERE WEREN'T ANY MALE!CHEL FANFICS! At least as far as I've seen. I have seen a lot of comments, even before my poll, where people would request a Male!Chel and I always assumed there were a few on Wattpad. But no. So, as far as I know and from what I've seen, I'm the first person to write and publish a Male!Chel fanfic on Wattpad. Yay me, I guess 😂)

...

Spain 1519

The large, intimidating, and mighty Captain Cortes sat upon his horse, raising a chalice filled with water, in toast to the success of his new expedition... And a successful conquering that will surely follow.

"Today, we sail to conquer the new world, for Spain, for glory, for gold!"

The crowd that had gathered around him, near the ocean port, cheered for him, excited for what he may find and bring back, all in the glorious name of Spain. A few of his soldiers stood in formation, raising their guns and firing a salute into the air.

The suddenness of the gun blasts scared Cortes' horse, making the frightened animal jump and move about erratically, a little out of the captain's control. It made the water in his chalice spill over his armour and he glared furiously at the creature.

Pulling on the reigns, a little too harshly, he angrily commanded his horse, "Altivo, eyes forward."

He threw what little was left of his drink over his shoulder, making it splash against a wanted poster. It was of a small group, consisting of two men and a woman.

...

Speaking of this group, they were currently nearing the end of a very successful gambling game...well, successful for them, not their opponents.

"Seven!" The dark-haired man with a blue shirt, Tulio, announced with a large grin after throwing his dice.

"All right!" His blond haired and red clad partner, Miguel, happily exclaimed as the dice did indeed land on seven.

The last of the group, a young woman named (Y/N) with (H/L) (H/C) hair, mischievous yet beautiful (E/C) eyes, and lovely (S/C) skin watched from the crowd, smiling at their antics. She wore a (F/C) shirt with long, puffed sleeves and a (S/F/C) sash around her waist and over her brown skirt.

 She wore a (F/C) shirt with long, puffed sleeves and a (S/F/C) sash around her waist and over her brown skirt

(A/N: I know this is literally gender bend Miguel but I love the dress here. And it's what I imagine (Y/N) wearing, but obviously with colour changes. If you don't like it, feel free to picture something else.)