Donnie x Telepathic!Reader - Dark Thoughts (2012 Request)

Request from PJOSuperfan724. I tried to go a little away from my usual 'regular human' reader and add some stuff in, to kinda help the story along.

Was kinda unsure about the ending... But I hope you like it!!!

(Also, the first person to tell me where this opening line comes from, I will legit follow)

~~~

~~~

~~~

'Sometimes the closest people to you make you feel protected. But those are the same people that hurt you most and leave you guessing.'

Truer words have never been spoken- er, rapped. Maybe both..?

Either way, there are some very difficult emotions and experiences just wrapped up into those two sentences.

The world may have a large array of trials and hardships, and many people are going to test your limits. But no one affects you quite like family.

Sometimes they're the ones that have your back in hard times, they give you a shoulder to cry on or some encouraging words to help you move forward.

But sometimes, those very same people can say the most self esteem crushing, heart breaking, cruel words ever. They may not always mean it, but regardless, the impact of those words when spoken by someone you care about, can shatter your entire world.

Then in those rare moments when they admit to not meaning what they said, they get upset when the phrase, 'Im sorry.' doesn't put all those shattered pieces back together immediately.

"What are you so upset about?"

"I said sorry. What more do you want?"

"Stop being a baby and grow up."

None of the words make any sense. It's basically like shooting someone then asking them why they're bleeding.

But somehow, you become the one in the wrong. Every time.

That had been Donnie for many years.

Always taking a large amount of the blame when something went wrong, seeing as he was the smart one who was supposed to be able to account for any possible problems they may run into.

Or so the others said.

Raph probably pushed it the most, the others just following after so they didn't have to be the ones blamed.

"That's your job, Donnie!"

"Face it, you're not exactly much help in a fight."

"This is on you."

Donnie's teeth ground together as he stared at the security feed covering his many monitors, trying to figure out which way that foot soldier had left the building they had been in earlier that night.

"It was supposed to be so simple..." He muttered, switching to another camera. "How did he get away?"

"Pretty sure he got away because the door wasn't locked."

His gaze hardened immediately. It took every ounce of self control he had to not glare at his brother, who had once again entered his lab without permission.

"I'm kinda busy right now Raph, could you leave me alone?" His eyes never left the screens, having no intention of having this conversation right now.

"You wouldn't be if the guy wouldn'ta got away. Thought you said you locked down the whole building?"