Chapter 39

• Dedicated to Ummm... I dunno... Life? :D

Some problemos on wattpad, so i just hope you can read it... and sorry if you can't :( People say it will fix itself :) Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent P.O.V.

I should have told her. I should have told her everything I knew, before I marked her. She deserved to know. She was giving everything up for me, and I had still lied to her, too scared that it would send her running again.

So selfish.

Even now, when we sat at the same table, she was resisting the bond. She had chosen the chair furthest away from mine, and even my hands were twitching at the separation. Liza was human, so the connection must have been much more powerful. Her face was scrunched up in concentration, and her trembling hands were clasped in front of her.

"I, for one, think that the idea is completely unrealistic. Even if we did allow the women to fight, it would be suicide. They don't know how to fight." Randon, the Alpha's right hand, said forcefully. He sat down again, and the Alpha nodded appreciatively in his direction.

Liza sat up straighter. "That's only because you never bothered to teach them." she said quietly, but everybody heard her.

"Who allowed the human in here?" Randon asked condescendingly, "She is not a part of the pack, and should not be included in our meetings."

An angry growl rippled out of me, and he winced at the noise. Before I could stand up for her, Liza decided to do it herself.

"Au contraire, sir," she said respectfully, but with a sharp edge to her voice, "I am the mate of the future Alpha, which would make me Alpha female when he takes over the pack. That makes me as much part of the pack as anybody, and I ask you to respect that."

Her tone was powerful, and I knew that the Gods had made the right choice in putting us together. She certainly knew how to control the pack, and as Randon sat down without another word, I noticed that everybody at the table looked at her with a little more reverence.

"Now that's settled," she continued, still looking over at the head of the table, "I ask you to consider my idea again. It may not be the best proposition, but I know that you have little choice left. Either you can sacrifice some of us, or you can kill us all."

Even the Alpha shifted uncomfortably.

"I can assure you that most of the women will not oppose the idea of helping to save their pack. Though they might be smaller than the males, they have speed on their side, which should make it a fair fight for everyone. You would double the number of fighters in your pack, and give you a huge chance of survival."

"I agree with Liza." my mother spoke up, looking fragile next to the giant frame of the Alpha. "Even I would like to do my part in fixing the problem that I have caused."

Liza shot a thankful smile in her direction, before focusing on the Alpha again. "How many days did you say we have left before the other pack is here?"

"Around two, maybe three." Randon grunted, still looking unhappy that she was here.

Liza nodded. "That should give you enough time to teach them the basics. I really don't see what the problem is here."

"The problem," the Alpha growled dangerously, his dark eyes locking on Liza's, "is that women can't fight, and will never be able to. They are too weak, and will never be able to hold up in the intensity of battle."