One Week

"Shubi this is cringe" ishan said eyeing a cupcake.

"Nope. This is cute."

"No, celebrating your relationship every week is cringe shubi" it was Shubman's idea to celebrate their one-week relationship by placing a lit candle on a single cupcake, blowing out the candle together, and then splitting the cupcake evenly between them.

Even though Ishan was cringing the whole time, he manges to blow out the candle with him and then shubman fed him half piece of cupcake while stuffing his own mouth with the other half.

"Ishan actually I was just pranking with you, we don't have to celebrate every week , especially not like this" Shubman said chuckling.

"Thank Goodness otherwise I'd be dying of cringe very week" Ishan sighed.

"Yeah it's kinda cringe" shubman agreed.

Other than celebrating their one week relationship they had a really important thing in hand, to tell their team about their relationship.
They decided to do it after their evening practice session.

Everyone gave their best during practice, and they all seemed to be in a good mood afterward.

After practice ended around 8 p.m., everyone gathered in the dressing room, sweaty and exhausted. Ishan and shubman decided to postpone their revelation.

After dinner, Ishan asked everyone to stay as they had something to share.

Everyone was sitting there, waiting for Ishan and Shubman to speak.

Rohit asked, "kya hua Bhai? Kya batana hain tum dono ko?"

"Bhaiya ....vo..." Ishan hesitated.

"Jaldi bolo yaar kal subah panvel bhi nikalna hain" Surya joked .

"Whatever it is, just tell us. We're here for you," Virat said softly, giving Ishan some courage.

"Bhaiyawelikeeachother" Ishan blurted out in one breath.

"Kyaa?" Virat exclaimed.

"WE. LIKE. EACH. OTHER" Ishan emphasized each word this time.

"But I don't like you" virat spoke with a serious face.

"No bhaiya what I am saying is-
WAIT A MINUTE WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID-" Ishan replied looking like a wounded puppy(🥺)

"Okay okay just kidding I know you are talking about you and shub" Virat chuckled.

"And we are dating now" shubman announced confidently.

"Are we supposed to be surprised or something?" Rohit said nonchalantly.

They both stared at their teammates, surprised, then glanced at each other, and then back at their teammates. The team was supposed to be surprised, but instead, the opposite was happening.

Why their team mates are acting like as if  these two didn't just said that they are in a relationship.

Everyone were smiling, some mischievously and some adoringly.

"Come on we are not going to pretend like this is a NEWS to us" virat said coolly.

"What? I mean why ? I mean how" shubman's confusion was visible on his face.

"As if you two weren't acting like boyfriends, oh sorry, husbands from the past one year" Hardik said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Ishan opened his mouth to say something, but his brain was not cooperating so he shut his mouth again.

"You two are always attached to the hip, jaha shubman milega wahi Ishan milega, aur jaha Ishan milega wahi shubman milega" Kuldeep stated.

"Not just that, see any clip or photo shubman's eyes were always on ishan" Surya rolled his eyes as if he is fed up of their romance.

"And ishan's hand always on shubman" Yuzi chimed in.

"When we were watching random IPL clips and a clip of Ishan and Mayank start playing, y'all should have seen shubman's expression that time" Shami chuckled as though recalling the look on Shubman's face.

"And when the anchor asked Shubman about which superhero roll he wanted Ishan to play, Shubman was a blushing mess, istg you two were too obvious" Shreyas stated as a matter of fact.

"Remember when Ishan said 'oye haath chhor opponent hain' when a MI player was holding Shub's hand?" Hardik asked.

"Haan and then he himself was parading the ground while holding Shubman's hand" Shami added.

"And don't get me started on the Krwachauth celebration in the midst of a match" added shardul.

"Also that picture where Ishan was hugging Shub, his one hand was on Shub's heart and other one was on his waist and he was staring at the camera like he is saying 'He's mine, so back off, ladies.'" Yuzi remarked dramatically.

"And that lift video...".

"And and the 13 sec intense starting......"

By the time everyone was done, Shubman and Ishan were red like tomatoes, not shyly but embarassed at how obvious they were to their team. And how oblivious they both were.

       *** Present day / Diwali party***

They both came down from the terrace before anyone can notice their absence.

By the time Ishan was done with the shower Shubman was already fast asleep in his tee and shorts but his hair was still wet from the shower. Ishan put shubman's head on his lap and start drying his hair with blow dryer."You are going to catch a cold like this."

Shubman stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up.

After that Ishan dried his own hair.

After switching off the lights he laid down beside Shub, Shubman was still wearing the pearl necklace, Ishan will never confess that he liked that necklace on shubman more.

Ishan snuggled closer to him and tuck shub head under his chin. They both slept peacefully, cuddling each other.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Everything said by their teammates is true except what shami said before shreyas's comment.

Karwachauth celebration:

Video link is in the comments 👉