Ride or Die

That afternoon Adam stood behind the sales counter at the store "Yo" Bradley said coming into the backroom.

"About time" Adam complained.

"Yeah yeah" Bradley replied as he put his badge around his neck and approached the counter.

Adam looked around "Where's your heterosexual life partner?" he asked "I'm not covering for him again" he said irritated.

"Yes you are and you're gonna do it with a smile and without complaining" Bradley said to him.

"...I can't guarantee a smile" Adam replied to him.

"What's going on with Neilson?" Kyle asked Bradley as he and Harry entered the store.

"He wasn't at school today..." Harry said.

"He wasn't?" Adam asked.

"You didn't notice?" Kyle asked him.

"Give me a break it's bad enough I have to live with you people" he said.

"Plus he's been listening to this same stupid song on repeat all afternoon."

"Nothing Else Matters?" Bradley asked.

"Let's put it this way, I know every word to that song and I don't even like Metallica" Kyle said to him.

"They have more than just the one song right?" Harry asked.

"Point is...we're hanging out here this afternoon" Kyle said.

"Because we just don't spend enough time together" Adam murmured.

"We can always go to the library" Harry said to Kyle.

"I don't like going to the library" Kyle said "I feel so out of place there" he said.

"Why? Because there are books and words you don't know?" Adam asked him,

Kyle sneered at him "No!" he said.

"Well I suppose you're gonna hear it somewhere so it might as well be from me" Bradley said "Nat broke up with Neilson last night."

"What?" Adam asked.

"Ah man" Kyle sighed.

"She say why?" Harry asked.

"Something stupid" Bradley said to them.

"With Nat I wouldn't expect anything less" Adam said.

"Man poor Neilson" Kyle said "He must be crushed" he said in a sympathetic tone.

"Nat's probably feeling pretty crushed too" Harry said.

"Who cares" both Bradley and Adam said to him.

"Guys come on, be fair here alright, this probably just as hard on her as it is Neilson" Kyle said to them.

"Well with all due respect to Nat's feelings Kyle, you were not up with Neilson all night, holding him in your arms while he cried his heart out because of her, so I really don't care how bad Nat is feeling right now" Bradley said to him.

"You held Neilson while he cried?" Adam asked "Why would you tell me that?" he asked "You know the jokes I'm gonna come up with for that?" he asked amused.

"Yeah what else is new?" Bradley asked him.

~*~

"Hey" Sasha said coming inside.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I got a call from the school saying Neilson was out today, he alright?" she asked.