Chapter 34

Uswa, adorned in her vibrant lehenga, gracefully settled on the bed. The fabric flowed with each subtle movement, yet the typical glow of anticipation that accompanies a bride-to-be was absent from her recently washed face. Instead, a deep concern furrowed her brow.

"Kubra api, Hyra kaisi hai?" she inquired about Hyra, her voice eager for reassurance.

(Kubra api, how is Hyra?)

"Pata nahi, doctor check-up kar rahi hain," Kubra replied.

(I don't know, doctor is doing her check-up.)

"Kya ho gaya ussey, woh toh bilkul theek thi na. Mera toh dil leta ja raha hai yeh soch soch ke." Rubbing her hands together, Uswa tries to calm her heart.

(What happened to her? She was perfectly fine. My heart is crashing down with the worry.)

"Baitha. Dil baitha jata hai," Kubra corrected her.

(Sinks. Heart sinks with worry)

"Huh? Nahi, main zyada pareshan hoon na, mera wala lait gaya hai," Uswa said with a sigh.

(Huh, Huh? No, I'm more worried; my heart is crashing with these thoughts.)

"Sirf tumhara wala hi lait sakta hai." Despite being worried for Hyra, Kubra smiled at Uswa's words.

(Only your heart can crash.)

•••

Hayder's anger simmered beneath the surface, mirroring the worry across his sharp face. He met Dawar's accusing gaze with a stern expression.

"Dawar, iss waqt mujhe koi baat nahi karni, main waise hi pareshaan hoon," Hayder's voice carried the weight of concern, but Dawar remained undeterred. Ignoring the plea, Dawar placed a hand on Hayder's shoulder, stopping him from leaving, further fueling the tension.

(Dawar, I don't want to talk right now; I'm already distressed.)

"Tum kis liye pareshaan ho?" Dawar's inquiry, though well-intentioned, struck a nerve. In the charged atmosphere, Hayder's frustration erupted.

(Why are you upset?)

"Gussa karne se pehle uske consequences sochte toh Hyra iss haal mein na hoti," Dawar's words only stoked the flames of Hayder's anger.

(Hyra wouldn't be in this state if you thought about the consequences before getting angry.)

"Hyra ko hosh mein aney do," Hayder's glare bore into Dawar's, a mix of anger and desperation. Each word that followed was a sharp retort, delivered through gritted teeth. "Tumse main tab baat karunga."

(Let Hyra wake up.)

(I'll talk to you then.)

Dawar's anger intensified as he glared at Hayder, the air thick with tension. "Main bhi tumse tabhi baat karunga. Aur agar mujhe pata chala tumne Hyra pe awaz bhi uchi ki hai toh mujhe zara waqt nahi lagega tumhara munh torhne mein."

(I'll talk to you then too. And if I find out you even raised your voice at Hyra, I won't take long to break your face.)

Hayder, his own anger fueled by Dawar's accusation, pushed away Dawar's hand forcefully.

"Mere aur meri biwi ke matter se durr raho." He warned, his tone low and menacing. His dark eyes flashed with a mix of frustration and a warning not to push him further.

(Stay away from me and my wife's matters.)

"Tumhe achhe se pata hai meri zindagi mein koi interfere kare, mujhe yeh bilkul bardasht nahi. Chahe woh Hyra ka bhai hi kyu na ho." Hayder asserted, his voice firm and unwavering. Hyra ka bhai. This sentence clearly indicated that at this moment, Hayder did not consider Dawar as his friend.