Chapter 36

The room is bathed in the soft morning light, casting a warm glow, as Hyra's eyes slowly flutter open. Feeling the warmth beside her, she instinctively snuggles closer, relishing the comforting embrace. As consciousness fully dawns, confusion replaces the sleep-induced haze. She blinks, her gaze shifting to the familiar surroundings, and realization sets in—this isn't Uswa's room.

She turns her head, careful not to disturb Hayder's still-sleeping form beside her. Hyra takes a moment to absorb the surreal atmosphere, her thoughts a mix of curiosity and a flutter of emotions.

As she shifts slightly, her eyes widen in realization. Uswa! Panic briefly flickers across her face as she tries to piece together the events leading to this unexpected situation. She struggles to fully remember.

"Main yaha kaise ayi?" Hyra thought. As she gently disentangles herself from Hayder's embrace, careful not to disturb his peaceful slumber. She sits on the edge of the bed, rubbing her temples in an attempt to recall the details of the night before.

(How did I come here?)

"Hyra, tum na, apni beti ka naam Dimple rakhna." In the soft glow of the night, Uswa's voice filled the room with laughter and excitement. As the two friends lay on the bed. Hyra's eyes flicker with a shadow of doubt.

(Hyra, you know, name your daughter Dimple.)

"Kya hua?" Uswa felt her silence and asked.

(What happened?)

"Aur larka hua toh?" Hyra shook her head and asked. Trying not to reveal her emotions to Uswa.

(What if it's a boy?)

"Toh Dimpu rakh dena. Yeh bhi pyara hai." Uswa, undeterred, quipped.

(Then name him dimpu. It's cute too.)

A burst of laughter escaped Hyra's lips, the sound echoing in the quiet room. Uswa, caught up in the infectious joy, hugged Hyra tightly.

"Socho na, uske mote mote gaal pe dimples kitne pyare lagenge. Aur dekh lena tum, uski favourite khala toh main hi hongi, Kubra api ko favourite bua nahi banne dungi." Uswa exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with delight.

(Imagine, dimples will look so cute on her chubby cheeks. And mark my words, I'll be her favorite aunt; I won't let Kubra api become the favorite aunt.)

"Jitna tum Dimple dimple kar rahi ho, mujhe toh lagta hai baby ko agar dimple na hua tum toh ussey disown kar dogi." Hyra, still chuckling, teased.

(As much as you're talking about Dimple, I feel like if the baby doesn't have dimples, you might disown her.)

"Haw Hyra, main tumhe itni selfish lagti hoon? Haan, main apne baby ka rishta nahi dungi, but still, hoga toh mera hi baja na." At first, Uswa sounded offended, then she nudges Hyra.

(Haw Hyra, do you think I'm that selfish? Yes, I won't get my baby marry him, but dimple or not, it will be my nibbling.)

Once again, Hyra burst into laughing. "Bhanja!"

(Nephew!)

"Flow flow mein nikal gaya." Sheepishly, Uswa said.

(It just came out in the flow.)

As the night unfolded with laughter, Hyra eventually drifted into a peaceful sleep. Uswa had a remarkable way of making Hyra forget her problems.

Hyra distinctly remembers sleeping with Uswa. How did she end up here, then? With a sigh, Hyra gets up. Now wasn't the time to dwell on these thoughts. There's a lot of work today.