Chapter 3 Mates

The party was in full swing when they arrived, a big bonfire was lit in the middle of the clearing and was roaring with life. Alana parked the car and all of them jumped out, Summer grabbed a hold of Theas hand and started to pull her.

"Let's go and dance, you too Alana!" she giggles as she grabbed Alanas hand too and dragged the girls of to where others where dancing. Sam had already taken off to grab a drink and hang with some of his friends, the music was blasting through two big black speakers that was mounted on the back of a truck that one kid had. Laughter and chatter with loud music filled the forest, in the trees lanterns and decoration had been hung up to make it more festive. Picknick tables stood spread out one side and on the other, there was a wooden dancefloor. Everything had been rebuilt before summer started but it had always been there since before their grandparents, it was a normal hangout spot for the older kids to party. Beer and other alcoholic drinks stood on a table and in some coolers and there was some empty cups spread out on the table, next to it was a bin where you could throw out the trash since you would be punished if you didn't keep it clean.

The air was still warm and the sky was getting darker, the girls had been dancing and taking brakes to grab some refreshments. They had just started to dance again when Thea froze, more like everything around her began to move in slow-motion and she began to close out all the sounds. She looked around her trying to find the source but everything was blurry, she didn't even notice that her friends had stopped dancing and was calling her name. She felt someone shake her and she tried to look who it was, slowly her sight began to clear up and Alana and Summers worried faces greeted her. They were a bit pale as they peered at her and Summer looked like she was about to cry while Alanas nails started to dig in to her shoulders.

"Alana" Thea smiled at her friend.

"Yes!" Alana smiled with a relief.

"Umm, could you let go it kinda hurts!" Alana looked at her hands that were on her shoulders and let go.

"Sorry, you scared me so I didn't notice. Are you okay?" She began rubbing where she had grabbed her to try and to relive the pain.

"Don't worry I am fine, it will heal in no time." Thea grabbed her friend's hands and gave them a squeeze.

"I think I will take a break, you guys should keep dancing" Thea let go off their hands and walked of the dance floor and went to one of the picknick tables and sat down.

"Is she gonna be fine?" Summer asked Alana in a worried tone.

"Yeah, she will. Besides if she needs us we are right here so lets enjoy our time!" Alana gave Summer a warm smile and pulled her back to dance, she knew Thea wanted some time alone.

Thea sat down and played with one of the rings on her hand thinking about what had just happened. Nothing makes sense, where is her mate and why is she feeling the bond so strongly in such a weird way? As she was sitting there someone approached her without her noticing, a light knock on the table brought her attention back.

She looked over to the balled-up hand that knocked and followed it up to the face of whom it belonged to, standing there was Sam looking at her with a sheepish smile.

"Yo, whats up? What got your mind in a twist, hmm?" Sam sat down a cross from her and took a sip out his beer can. Thea grunted in annoyance which was not directed at him and placed her hands on the table and rested her head on top of them.

"Apparently, my mate is here but I can not for the life of me find him or her. You know those feelings I have had today?" she spoke as she kept her head in the same position.

"Yeah?" Sam said a bit hesitantly.

"I just had another one just a few minutes ago while dancing, but this time it felt different. It was like..." she got interrupted by the sound of the cords to the speaker being pulled making a ear piercing sound. Everyone covered their ears and then turned around and looked over at the truck where the speakers was, Theas head snapped up and with a growl she shot up from the table.