chapter 23.5

For clarifications:

The original Anastasia and the Anastasia she met are the same ✓

Our FL was transported back into the past where the original Anastasia had erased her memories for an unknown reason ✓

Xaervin and og Anastasia did had an intimate relationship amidst to the story's knowledge ✓

Our FL did NOT go back in time, she was just transported to another reality ✓

If you had anymore question about the previous chapter just comment down below and I'll edit this chap and reply to yours!

——————————————————
——————————————————
Anastasia's POV

I got transported back to my bed. My head ached with confusion, what the hell happened?

What was all of that?! Suddenly the door opened and I saw Hana rushing towards me, her head filled with sweats.

"Your Highness! You're finally awake, are you hurt?" She hurriedly asked, her breathing was hitched and her voice shaking.

"How long have I been asleep?" I sighed. I noticed her eyes were on the verge of tears, she looked like someone seeing a comatose patient after a long time.

And by the looks of it, it seemed I've been gone for a long time.

"Three weeks?!" I yelled upon discovery, she shushed me immediately as knights came in suddenly in my room.

"Your Highness!" I saw Sir Hans greet me happily, and the rest of the falcon knights followed.

"Greetings to the princess!" They all bowed in unison, I saw familiar faces and new ones.

Cordelia then woke up beside me, which I didn't even notice her presence there. There was a shining light in her eyes when our gazes met. "Your Highness!" She jumped up in surprise.

She smiled immediately and teared up, I caressed her head to calm her down.

"S-shall we call the emperor?" One of the knights asked out of curiosity, I shook my head and told him it wouldn't be necessary.

Hana approached me and whispered in a hush, "The crown prince and royal princess and prince waited for your consciousness, your Highness. They didn't leave till yesterday, they waited by your side." As soon as Hana finished speaking.

A stack of document caught my attention, I grabbed one and noticed it was about the economic performance of the kingdom and Calix's signature was on the bottom.

He really did wait for me to wake up.

"Where are they now?" I asked with curiosity, Hana leaned in once more.

"Prepare me a bath, I'll surprise them at once."

—————————————————
Calix's POV

With my father's health declining, and Anastasia currently unconscious I had to deal with keeping all of this under wraps.

Not even Anastasia nor Calisto knows about Father's condition, the only reason Ariliana knows because she needs to heal him every night but still, we can't find a cure.

"Dear Crown Prince, how long will you plan on telling us that the Emperor still feels unwell to see us? Don't we deserve an explanation regarding the ruler of our kingdom?" Duke of Winnex hid behind a facade of concern.

I can see his slight smirk at the idea of controlling me if the Emperor ever displayed the slightest display of weakness.

"The Duke of Winnex has a point, Your Highness. I mean what if the Emperor suddenly fell ill, if the eldest princess ever tries to covet your position–" I cut off the Count of Reuven immediately before he dares to tarnish the honor of my sister.