chapter 25

Anastasia's POV

"What do you mean you can't heal him?! Was he sick?!" My sudden yell startled her, I apologized and kept performing CPR.

"I-I don't know! We were talking and having a cup of tea a-after he called me a-abruptly from the chair! I think he was poisoned, b-but I don't k-know by who!!" Tears rushed from her eyes once more as I sighed.

I don't know if it's compatible for someone who has dark magic to heal one with holy magic, but since I'm a Goddess' daughter, surely it'll still contain one of holiness.

I took out a dagger and sliced a small scar on my finger tip, I drew out a symbol with it as I held onto Ariliana's hand.

"I don't know if this is gonna work, but I need to borrow some of your holy powers just in case my magic isn't compatible with his, alright?" I raised a brow at her while she profusely nodded.

"Please brother, wake up... You need to fulfill your promise to Calisto when he turns 8 this year." I wiped Ariliana's tears with my non-bleeding finger as I performed the healing.

As my blood run through his, I was detecting if I can see an ounce of poison but there was none in his body, that can only make me suspect that it wasn't poison...but a mana disrupter.

That's why Ariliana couldn't heal him, because these kinds of cases are too advanced for her.

"It's a mana disrupter," I bit my lip as Ariliana fiddled with her fingers holding back her tears.

"There's no other choice, make every knight and every staff here to get out instantly. Ariliana you stay and so will you," I gazed at Josephine who nodded.

She locked the doors and closed the window blinds. I took a deep breath and focused, my hand on his chest as I muttered an incantation that the original Anastasia taught me. 

In no time, his body began to glow and so was I, this incantation was supposed to be for Anastasia but because I was a Goddess' daughter I could perform it also.

Within minutes, Calix started profusely coughing and sat up right. Josephine and Ariliana immediately exclaimed with joy as they ran up to hug him but I stopped them.

"I need you Ariliana to check his vitals and heal him if he has any internal scarring, it's best if he rest today." I sighed, I felt my body weakening.

I didn't know the incantation had such a big toll on me.

"Call me when his condition improves."
———————————————————

After an hour of so of resting, my body was functional but still very fatigued.

"Your Highness, the saintess is here." Hana called out to me, I nodded and sat up right.

She immediately rushed to my side and held a pitiful look, "I'm sorry if I was too useless earlier older sister. But I am here to deliver great news." Her smile almost seemingly brighten the room.

"What is it?" I raised a brow.

"Older brother has regained his health and consciousness, but sadly I don't think he's fit to rule the kingdom, and since father still is very ill we are still unsure what to do and what to tell the nobility." Ariliana's face saddened as I felt a sense of anger, how could they make such a beauty sad?

But this is a major issue, I need to see Calix.

"H-Hana, call Cordelia to teleport me into Calix's quarters, I must observe his health at once." Ariliana helped me stood up as Hana nodded and promptly called Cordelia.