4|| Selfish

"I'm so sick of myself, I'd rather be, rather be, anyone, anyone else"                                                                 -Olivia Rodrigo

I stood in front of my mirror staring at my reflection. The wedding was tomorrow, all those days feeling sorry for myself, wallowing in sadness in my bedroom, this day managed to sneak up on me. 

To be honest I hadn't even seen my future step-brothers or Charles since I was introduced to them, so it's not like I was being constantly reminded of the wedding. My Mum told me that she thought it was best for me to spend time by myself so that my mind could figure things out and get used to the situation before I see them again - which I obviously don't blame her for. And I guess it took me longer than she had expected because the wedding is tomorrow.

I was wearing my flower girl dress. Which I was forced to go out and get and I promise you that was the only time I left the house these last few weeks.

 I didn't want to accidentally run into Charles otherwise I would've probably given him my own personalized nose job, if you know what I mean. No really he could use one though! 

Anyways the dress was pretty, but the bodice was a bit loose-I hadn't exactly eaten all that much lately. It was long and flowy but it was a weird pale pinkish colour. It looked really pretty if it didn't contrast so weirdly with my skin tone. The lady at the shop had said it looked gorgeous, but I hadn't worn it since I tried it on in the store. 

I know I told my Mum that she could shove the flowers up her ass a few weeks ago during our argument, but I can see how happy she is and that she really wants this and also apparently I look gorgeous in this dress, that's the main reason I agreed. 

After all that she's done for me these past few years on her own - before the lying of course!- she deserves to be happy and maybe I was being selfish before but I have every right to be mad right? It's not like my Dad is ever going to come back.

*

I sat in the limo, looking out the window as we drove and exited my hometown. Yesterday was the last night we spent in the apartment and we'd be going back one last time to collect our bags before we moved in with the Harris's later tonight. 

It was now officially the wedding day. Great, just great. I know I said I was slowly coming to terms with the situation but now that the day is here it feels unsettling. I'm terrified of what's going to happen after they kiss and say I do.

 It's going to make it official and that scares me. 

Without even realizing I'm playing with my rings on my fingers. I always have a lot of rings for this reason, it helps with my anxiety to have something to fiddle with and take off and put back on. Right now I'm sitting by the window, so I don't have to make eye contact, and I have my noise canceling headphones on so I can drown everyone, including myself out with Taylor Swift. Ben is sitting beside me and Blake is beside him and I don't know where anyone else is sitting and I don't really care. I just know that we are all in the car.